• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

For owners of Fx Dreamline tactical compact

Hi guys, I just bought this pcp in .22 . I wanted to know what is the best configuration for Jsb Jumbo 16grains and Jsb Hades pellets. The best balance between speed, accuracy and shot count. Say that the regulator comes to 110 bars. On the other hand, I have heard that you can unscrew the 170cc tank and take an additional one full and change it. Where can these additional compatible deposits be purchased?

Congrats on your new pcp. I would suggest that the best configuration to start with would be the one it is currently set to from the factory. Let the gun settle in, because it will. Run a couple tins of jumbo 16gr and Hades through it keeping good records of your shot string data. This will be your base from which to tune for your desired speed, accuracy and shot count.

Regardless of valving and power plenum the barrel length is the limitation. With lighter pellets you probably can get to 850fps but you will hear air existing the muzzle which means turbulence and could cause accuracy degradation. For max power and efficiency try the heavies pellet you can find at around 760-780 FPS and listen to the PSSS sound. Another way to find the sweet spot is when you go up HS setting it only adds 5-7 FPS and one setting lower you are losing 20-30 FPS 

btw the NSA 23 grain 217 slugs shoot very well out of the compact @750-760 FPS.

Regardless of valving and power plenum the barrel length is the limitation. With lighter pellets you probably can get to 850fps but you will hear air existing the muzzle which means turbulence and could cause accuracy degradation. For max power and efficiency try the heavies pellet you can find at around 760-780 FPS and listen to the PSSS sound. Another way to find the sweet spot is when you go up HS setting it only adds 5-7 FPS and one setting lower you are losing 20-30 FPS 

btw the NSA 23 grain 217 slugs shoot very well out of the compact @750-760 FPS.

Thanks again for your advice.

Qballs information about this gun is pretty much spot on. With such a short barrel, you can definitely tell when you are wasting air. The only pellet that lets me get away with it is the 18.1. My accuracy with 18.1’s while wasting air is for some reason exceptional in my gun and may be horrible in other guns. But when I switch to a 15.89 or 14.3, I have to back the gun down to a more efficient setting to get the accuracy that the gun is capable of. The best advice I can give is if you want to spend more time shooting and enjoying the gun instead of being glued to a chronograph trying to squeeze out a few meaningless fps, just do a proper base tune and listen to the gun. Then take what it gives you. My reg is set at 150b, if I wasn’t shooting those 18.1’s, I would seek a lower reg setting. What I stumbled upon with the 18.1’s has unfortunately tied my hands for the time being.

These are great little rifles. I have one and am shooting the JSB 15.89gr at 865fps.

I have also installed the power plenum and pin probe but in hindsight should have left it stock as very little benefit due to barre length. It is lazer accurate out to 50m (55yards). 
My OEM magazine hates the Hades for some reason and they keep jamming, whereby the normal 15.89gr feed seamlessly. 

I just got mine also, I have the reg at 145 and the hammer spring set screw not all the way in at Max on the wheel but close, turn the wheel down 2 clicks to 5 and it is shooting the FX 16 gr at around 885 and the 18 around 860 (from memory?) accurate with both, but it was windy the only time I have shot it at 50 yds and the 18s were a little better.

I did put a .35 CF tank on it and it fits perfect with the Donny Sumo on it.

i love this thing, so light and great feel!

my dream-tac compact/pp .22 is awesome !!

it shoots jsb 18.1gr @ 888fps very accurately at 35yrds.

its a hunting machine with around 28 shots before falling off reg.

very smooth operation.......🤘

dreamtac conversion.1615244002.jpg

Wow Gendoc, I thought I had my gun tuned a little on the air hog side. Yours is bad. I’m getting 50 some shots with the 18.1’s in the 850fps range and I know I’m wasting air.

oh well, this is a hunting airgun, i will sacrifice shots for accuracy any day.

28 or so head shots fill the pot quite nicely....👍

Wow Gendoc, I thought I had my gun tuned a little on the air hog side. Yours is bad. I’m getting 50 some shots with the 18.1’s in the 850fps range and I know I’m wasting air.

oh well, this is a hunting airgun, i will sacrifice shots for accuracy any day.

28 or so head shots fill the pot quite nicely....
1f44d.svg

Just out of curiosity, did you ever test your gun with a slightly more conservative tune? I can push mine up to 880 but at around 850 is is almost pellet on pellet at 50 yards. My dad shoots some mind blowing groups at 100 with it that I couldn’t when I pushed the gun harder. I don’t plan on shooting animals at 100 with it but that -30fps is an eye shot instead of a head shot at hunting distances plus a bunch more shots. Maybe you already tested at lower velocity but if you didn’t, maybe when you’re bored it might be something to try. Trust me, a squirrel can’t tell the difference between 880 and 850 but your compressor can.

Hi guys I am with a lot of work but today I was able to make a chronograph. It came from the factory with the regulator at 140 bars, the HS at max and the transfer at High, giving a speed of 837 fps with Jsb Jumbo 16 grains. As at the moment I want a backyard configuration in an urban area, I lower the HS to 3. As I currently use a hand pump, for convenience I do not fill the tank to the maximum pressure.

Pellet Jsb Jumbo 16 grains. Initial pressure 210/205 bars.

733. 713

733. 731

723. 713

729. 732

715. 737

711. 731_________175bars

713. 722

711. 730

728. 729

720. 726

728. 721

729. 716

717. 710

736. 733

735. 731

723. 738

733. 724

721. 738__________155/150 bars.

Shot count: 36.

Low: 710.

Hi: 738.

Spread: 28.

Avg: 725.

It’s a little weird that they set the HS so high from factory but I had similar tune when I got it so I tuned it down using the Allen HS preload till the speed drops to around 700 FPS on Min HS and .25/high TP setting. The low power setting is the TP dial scrubs another 100 FPS and max out at around 680fps. 

when you shoot is the gun super quiet or still good amount of muzzle blast? If you hear the Pppsssssstttt the tune the hammer down more. With too much HS even though the speed is limited by the TP you are still wasting air. Once you get to the sweet spot or lower with reg and HS in proper balance you will get more shots and quieter and much better consistency and accuracy. 

edit: for reference using cheap unsorted pellets I’m getting ES of 10-12 and SD of around 4 over 10 shots and sometime even better especially with TP choked down to low.