• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning For Impact M3 owners only ..POI shifts

POI shift does not happen to mine. Mine lives its life on a bipod so it never really gets layed down. However, when installing the huma v2 transfer port I had to remove my barrel twice and my liner once.

Once everything was installed I went outside to sight it back in. POI was little low, but left and right were perfect. Then I realized I had my fx chrony hanging off the end of the LDC, I had sighted in without it before. Took the chrony off and I was spot on. Just make sure you put the liner in the same exact orientation as before.

Very impressed with the NO poi shift.

Try not to handle the rifle by its barrel. These FX barrels are thin and even in the shroud they still have a lot of flex in them. This can cause POI shifts. I only handle my FX by the pistol grip and the shoulder butt, If necessary, it can be picked up by the scope. Never by the barrel.

+1

I’ve never understood why anyone would pick their rifle up by the barrel, and especially for FX rifles that seems like a poor idea. I usually hold mine by the scope, the pistol grip or just hold under the pic rail and trigger guard (without putting any part fo my hand inside the trigger guard. 

10685BA6-8D20-4E2C-8844-654E3CE9BEB8.1624925178.jpeg
D873589A-0A41-4E8A-9350-FE26C0891FDB.1624925178.jpeg
2C83E4CF-7AFD-4518-94F6-374C194D3B93.1624925178.jpeg

I’ve seen many threads on POI shifts, and I understand that certain causes are not easily identified, items such as barrel liner type, reg pressures creeping, reg’s failing, dirty barrels, ammo, and the list goes on and on. 

One very common cause of POI changes are from an unsupported barrel, and with moderator use being a given, one should eliminate the easiest of all causes of POI changes and slip on one of these. Totally locks in the shroud, no worries of a bump on the shroud, you can put on a DonnyFL Emperor x2 on the end of your barrel and it won’t droop. I install one of these in any and every pcp I own. POI never changes, even if I’ve leaned my pcp’s barrel against a corner wall for days.

10685BA6-8D20-4E2C-8844-654E3CE9BEB8.1624925178.jpeg
D873589A-0A41-4E8A-9350-FE26C0891FDB.1624925178.jpeg
2C83E4CF-7AFD-4518-94F6-374C194D3B93.1624925178.jpeg

I’ve seen many threads on POI shifts, and I understand that certain causes are not easily identified, items such as barrel liner type, reg pressures creeping, reg’s failing, dirty barrels, ammo, and the list goes on and on. 

One very common cause of POI changes are from an unsupported barrel, and with moderator use being a given, one should eliminate the easiest of all causes of POI changes and slip on one of these. Totally locks in the shroud, no worries of a bump on the shroud, you can put on a DonnyFL Emperor x2 on the end of your barrel and it won’t droop. I install one of these in any and every pcp I own. POI never changes, even if I’ve leaned my pcp’s barrel against a corner wall for days.

Can you share the STL for that barrel band please?

Can you share the STL for that barrel band please?

Smoke, My M3 poi would change while shooting groups. My M3 was a 25 cal. 

Here is something to look at and I would be interested to know what everyone has. If you have a 22 and 25 cal Impact barrel, the liner nut at the muzzle on my M3 22 has 2 o rings and is a nice snug centering fit on the liner. My 25 cal's liner nut had NO o rings and was loose on the liner. Is there o rings in your liner nut for 25 cal?

Here is something to look at and I would be interested to know what everyone has. If you have a 22 and 25 cal Impact barrel, the liner nut at the muzzle on my M3 22 has 2 o rings and is a nice snug centering fit on the liner. My 25 cal's liner nut had NO o rings and was loose on the liner. Is there o rings in your liner nut for 25 cal?

You need the orings, it’s possible they slipped off while you take out the liner. If you don’t have orings then cal FX and make sure they send you extra. The orings are very easy to lose and they should just make the carbon liner sleeve a standard. 

Bigragu where do you get these clamps?

Thanks

I am not sure where BigRagu got his, but I have both of those for a Crown, Dreamline and a Wildcat. The Wildcat one (with the Picatinny rail section comes from SMW Engineering in the UK (https://smwengineering.co.uk). The other I got from Ohio Airguns (https://ohioairgun.com/)

They do work, although I have since taken them off and just decided to be careful about holding the barrels.

Chris

You need the orings, it’s possible they slipped off while you take out the liner. If you don’t have orings then cal FX and make sure they send you extra. The orings are very easy to lose and they should just make the carbon liner sleeve a standard.

There was no grooves machined in the 25 cal liner nut like it is for my 22 cal barrel on my M3.

Bigragu where do you get these clamps?

Thanks

I am not sure where BigRagu got his, but I have both of those for a Crown, Dreamline and a Wildcat. The Wildcat one (with the Picatinny rail section comes from SMW Engineering in the UK (https://smwengineering.co.uk). The other I got from Ohio Airguns (https://ohioairgun.com/)

They do work, although I have since taken them off and just decided to be careful about holding the barrels.

Chrisis

Yes, for sure from smwengineering. I have helped Stuart develop the clamps for the wildcat MK2, the Impact MK2 That has the saber tactical ARCA rail gen 1, and just recently as shown in my pics above, one for an impact that uses the saber tactical gen 2 ARCA rail, along with two versions of ones for the LCS- SK19 as shown. In fact, when you go to his website, the models shown with his product are of my wildcat and Impact. As soon as I get my LCS back from AOA I’ll send him a pic with his clamp on for him to add to his web catalog.

Oh, almost forgot, I helped him develop one for the hatsan hercules Bully, also.

If you want that shorter version for the impact that has the Gen2 rail, just tell him you want one like he recently built for Augie. It’s like 1.25” in length. Too short for any type of pic rails. He will require you to measure up your bottle at two or three different points and get the average, as bottle diameters differ in size even if from the same manufacturer.