• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

for Benjamin Akela do i need a rail or will what comes with a Bug Buster scope h

Yes push the button in on it and pull it all the way Off and see if you can’t get a better picture through the scope. I don’t know how to post a link but I just googled Picatinny rail covers on eBay and they have a bunch of them to choose from. The one that I ordered has a shallow radius on the top and has a little metal clip on one end to hold it in place.They have different Lengths and colors. I bought the 4 inch long one and it is black and was $5.11 total. Just make sure it says for Picatinny Rail cover.

I don’t know how much lower it will be than the factory cheek Rest but I can look at it and tell it will definitely be lower. I was going to put a piece of tape over it but that would look too crappy. I don’t know why they even put that adjustable cheek rest on there anyway. Who would wanna raise it up any further. And I don’t like my scopes mounted way up in the air. It’s already up there quite a bit without a riser. There’s other Rail covers on eBay that you might like better. But for five dollars I’m not gonna complain. It’s got to be better than what I have now. 

That looks just about the same height that My scope is mounted. It is a little uncomfortable to look through it, so I took the cheek rest completely off and then could see through the scope much better. But then I didn’t like the sharp edges of the Picatinny rail against my face, so I ordered a cover off of eBay that Goes on top of the rail but it doesn’t stick up that high. I’m still waiting on it.

Another option would be Picatinny rail clips, larue tactical makes them. They will cover the sharp edges and get your cheek weld as low as possible. I tried them with low rings, but the scope was still too low.

does the akela shroud have any sound reduction in it? and how loud is it in 22?

It is shrouded with internal baffles. It is pretty quiet. In the woods near my house, pretty much perfect. But when I was shooting it in the backyard I thought it sounded loud enough that it bothered me. I might just be self conscious, I don’t want to bother the neighbors. I ordered a donnyfl suppressor and am comfortable shooting in the backyard. Only a 10-15 decibel reduction, but it seems like a lot (like shooting my old bb gun). Mine is in .22...