• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

for Benjamin Akela do i need a rail or will what comes with a Bug Buster scope h

I just went on there again and it’ll come up if you Google it. They have all different styles to choose from. But the one I bought looked best for my needs. Just be careful because some of them are for keyhole mounting. Make sure it says for Weaver or Picatinny.I just ordered it or if I had It on my gun now I would take a picture of it.

Ok I’ll look around some on eBay. Thanks 

That is strange. A picatinny or weaver rail should work regardless because they all should be standard. Every time I bought one with that description it always worked. If your Scope will mount on the Akela Rail, then it should mount to that riser. Double check and look over things really good and see if you’re not may be doing something wrong. But if it absolutely won’t fit, then I would send it back. One of the members earlier showed a picture that he put on his And it looks exactly like the one I seen on eBay. So if his worked Then you know that would be the one to get. But I can’t see any reason why that one you bought will not work.

the scope goes on rail of gun no problem the riser i cant lock to gun rail

Maybe try putting your scope rings one At a time on the riser that you bought first. With everything away from the rifle. And look closely And see maybe what the problem is.

i did that i had scope on riser then tried to put riser in tracks of rail no go tried riser all by itself on gun no go

The only thing I can think of then is maybe the bottom of the riser, the screws got to be backed out all the way as far as you can get. Because I’ve had some that I only finger screwed them out and it wouldn’t go on But I had to put an Allen wrench in and take them out a little further and then finally it popped on.Did you try taking the Side clamp off the riser completely off and see if it will lay on top of the rifles rail?It should lay on there nice and level then. And if it does then put the side clamp on. If all that doesn’t work, then I don’t know what The problem is then.

here is pic of it mounted with rings came with scope
122797551_373191663869383_1348334107989475993_n.1603661661.jpg
think i need riser still or no?

That looks just about the same height that My scope is mounted. It is a little uncomfortable to look through it, so I took the cheek rest completely off and then could see through the scope much better. But then I didn’t like the sharp edges of the Picatinny rail against my face, so I ordered a cover off of eBay that Goes on top of the rail but it doesn’t stick up that high. I’m still waiting on it.