• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

for Benjamin Akela do i need a rail or will what comes with a Bug Buster scope h

I got a picatinny riser off ebay for like $15. The seller is near L.A. For my build, I needed risers to be able to get a cheek weld, especially if I use the cheekpiece. I also found I needed to mount the scope farther forward than the pic rail allows for proper eye relief. If you get the one piece riser you can position it further forward than the OEM rail allows by a couple of notches which was all i needed. I got the medium height 3/4" tall.

DSCF7515.1603488025.JPG
DSCF7516.1603488025.JPG

I myself just followed what other people with their Akela Used. They were using the JSB in the 18 grain range.When I received mine all I had was the JSB 15’s and They shot pretty good. So I bought the 18s and I think they are just a hair better in the grouping. I’m averaging three eights of an inch at 40 yards. Now that’s not with a real good rest either.I’m going to have to get me some Caldwel bags. I did buy me a Rail that goes where the cheek rest is. It’s got a slight radius to the top of it but sits much lower.That way I will get a better site picture. 

I myself just followed what other people with their Akela Used. They were using the JSB in the 18 grain range.When I received mine all I had was the JSB 15’s and They shot pretty good. So I bought the 18s and I think they are just a hair better in the grouping. I’m averaging three eights of an inch at 40 yards. Now that’s not with a real good rest either.I’m going to have to get me some Caldwel bags. I did buy me a Rail that goes where the cheek rest is. It’s got a slight radius to the top of it but sits much lower.That way I will get a better site picture.

I own an Akela too and I’m curious what rail did you buy to replace the cheek piece? Can you post a link please? Thanks