• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

For all those who say FX doesn't care about left handed shooters.....

Isnt the Impact M3 kinda lefty friendly?
IMO - not so much without work. It's the mag well and the huge mag that sticks out the right side. Elis has done some 3D printing and made a mag that I believe is lefty friendly. Without something like that - the Impact, Maverick and Wildcat are NOT lefty friendly guns.

And before anyone says use the compact mags:
  1. Why should I have to?
  2. They don't help that much. You still have a mag in your face. There are so many other gun airguns that I have no interest in making the sacrifice.
For the Panthera, as long as the cheek rest can be moved, the cocking arm location doesn't really matter much to me. The mage is also well forward so not a concern either.

IMO - not so much without work. It's the mag well and the huge mag that sticks out the right side. Elis has done some 3D printing and made a mag that I believe is lefty friendly. Without something like that - the Impact, Maverick and Wildcat are NOT lefty friendly guns.

And before anyone says use the compact mags:
  1. Why should I have to?
  2. They don't help that much. You still have a mag in your face. There are so many other gun airguns that I have no interest in making the sacrifice.
For the Panthera, as long as the cheek rest can be moved, the cocking arm location doesn't really matter much to me. The mage is also well forward so not a concern either.
Good points, I forgot about the mag. I guess that shows how dominant hand non-inclusive I am :sneaky:

Hi

I am a very much right-handed person, but have had to shoot left-handed for nearly 55 years because of a vision issue - so left hand shooting is "natural" for me.

I have a Crown in 177 and about 18 months ago had some spare cash and purchased a M3 for offhand shooting. Yes, I well knew before the purchase that the Impact was not the most ergonomic rifle for offhand and certainly not left-handed friendly! But I bought it anyway, and have hand lots of fun with it in shooting metallic silhouette and some bench-rest targets.

I subsequently got around to modifying my M3 - see pictures. Also, at my range the rule is "single load" so magazines are not allowed - have never used the magazine once. So I purchased a single shot loader and made a left-handed cheek piece. Also, purchased a Saber Tactical adjustable buttstock, which I subsequently modified to get a better alignment between shoulder-fit and eye onto the scope.

I am seriously thinking of selling the M3 once I have overcome an issue with loss of velocity and will probably purchase a Crown in 22 for offhand metallic silhouette shooting.

Cheers

Matt

M3 Left Hand cheek piece and extended shot loader.JPG

M3 Left Hand cheek piece and single shot loader.JPG

M3 Left Hand cheek piece.jpg

Hi

I am a very much right-handed person, but have had to shoot left-handed for nearly 55 years because of a vision issue - so left hand shooting is "natural" for me.

I have a Crown in 177 and about 18 months ago had some spare cash and purchased a M3 for offhand shooting. Yes, I well knew before the purchase that the Impact was not the most ergonomic rifle for offhand and certainly not left-handed friendly! But I bought it anyway, and have hand lots of fun with it in shooting metallic silhouette and some bench-rest targets.

I subsequently got around to modifying my M3 - see pictures. Also, at my range the rule is "single load" so magazines are not allowed - have never used the magazine once. So I purchased a single shot loader and made a left-handed cheek piece. Also, purchased a Saber Tactical adjustable buttstock, which I subsequently modified to get a better alignment between shoulder-fit and eye onto the scope.

I am seriously thinking of selling the M3 once I have overcome an issue with loss of velocity and will probably purchase a Crown in 22 for offhand metallic silhouette shooting.

Cheers

Matt

View attachment 320172

View attachment 320173

View attachment 320174
Matt, i also have a vision problem since 2018 and had to learn the lefty style.
it has proved to me that i'm a better shot left hand even with only one eye.
you have done some nice things to help lefty's with fx guns !!

A company with as much engineering talent as FX has can certainly make a magazine that can be inserted from the left side of the gun. Like the Prophet which can have it's magazine inserted from either side. I was serious about a Crowne but then I bought my first P35 and I don't want a conventional gun, I like bullpups. I guess FX just thinks the market is too small to be worth their time.

But they had time to design the Panthera, a gun to compete against 22LR but seem to have forgotten that 22LR competitions do not permit airguns to compete. With powder burner companies sponsoring the competitions that seems unlikely to change.

Reactions: Healthservices
A company with as much engineering talent as FX has can certainly make a magazine that can be inserted from the left side of the gun. Like the Prophet which can have it's magazine inserted from either side. I was serious about a Crowne but then I bought my first P35 and I don't want a conventional gun, I like bullpups.
I have an AGT vulcan 2 tactical. When I got it, it had the cocking handle on the left side, and the mag can only be inserted from the left side. Since I am right handed I moved the handle over to the right. But as far as I know the gun come as standard for "lefties", even the majority is right handed. Maybe eastern europeans use theire guns differently? Doing a quick google search on vulcan guns, the majorities off the pictures have the cocking handle to the left:)