• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Follow up on looking for advice

Follow up question....background....I have a Daystate Airwolf that I don't use.....looking for an alternative that I will want to use....Airwolf is too cumbersome and I don't enjoy the airtank and battery charging aspect of trigger....rifle is certainly awesome but better suited for someone that will use it more than me. Rifle to be used primarily for hunting and plinking small critters, not target/bench shooting.

That being said, I am considering higher end gas piston rifles, which eliminate the air tank and battery issues. Open to recommendations from those that know far more than I do.

Thank you in advance

My favorite gas ram is Diana 340. It's like a tuned spring 34. Has T O 6 trigger and super smooth. Gets 17 ft/lbs. Also offered as 350 with more power. I suggest the 340 for smoother firing cycle and accuracy. I have the Luxus model. Luxus means beautiful curley walnut stock. I have it set up with Williams peep and tapered front insert sight. The trigger can be adjusted to your preference.

...LoL...no pity for the owners of unwanted air wolves here...

...that is the reason I bought a CZ S 200...my Daystate Firefly was too big and nice to carry around...

...I ended up giving the Firefly away...can I have yur Air Wolf...?!?... (grin)

...seriously though, I would just buy a small inexpensive rifle to knock aboot with and maybe sell your air wolf...

...I would not actually want it for all the reasons you mentioned...

...look at this gun Odoyle posted...

Benjamin Maximus PCP 22 Cal Pellet Air Rifle (midwayusa.com)

...this is the gun I wanted instead of the Cayden but Odyle says it will just give me buyer's remorse...

Air Arms S510XS FAC Regulated PCP Carbine with Walnut Stock (pyramydair.com)

I think I would miss the accuracy and power of the PCP when compared to most springers. The recoil on a spring or gas piston gun really makes it difficult to shoot them well ,although not impossible, especially at distances over 50 yards. I can easily shoot a one jagged hole, or near to it, five shot group with my PCP at 50 yards off of a bench. But struggle to even get a 3/4 inch group, at that same range, with my non recoiling Diana 54. PCP guns will shoot out to 100+ yards accurately most springers will have three or four times the size of a group at that range at their best.

Still there is something to be said for the simplicity of spring guns though. Just grab it and go. Love my Diana when I get low on air it's always there for as many shots as I wish.

If I were in your spot I would probly just downgrade for a nice accurate lightweight PCP bullpup or similar to run around with since I already have everything else I need.

But I am not you yet so whatever you decide enjoy cuz that's what it's all about.

I have to say I had used several of my different generations of Lexus LS series cars as daily drivers for years. No garage for them. Replaced my different generations of four Toyota Cressidas not a single issue with any of them. The most used started Lexus was with a 1990 LS400 then used for 10 years straight 1999 LS400 and 98 ES300 for the woman then 2000 then 2001 then 2001 LS430 then switched to new Toyota Avalons to save money in 2009 when the economy took a dive and another in 2010 traded in the 2009 after only one year due to the unintended acceleration scare time took a huge $13k loss then switched brands to BMW 3 and 5 series and Mercedes C and E class and Cadillac CTS then got problems with all of them and the Bimmer 5 could only go to just shy of 50k miles then had starting issues on many occassions and the dash lights all came on all the time. It was the most fun to drive luxury sedan while it ran good though for 4 years until the warranty was over. No more German made cars 4me though. Even my Audi failed at 50k miles daily driven left me stuck calling for rides frequently just leaving the car where it was parked to have towed to the shop. Have at least a Toyota Corolla as a spare car when driving German made cars.

Hey whatcha doin driving a TOYOTA COROLLA NOW??? BIMMER AND AUDI DOWN AGAIN!!!

Did you know that an AWD BMW sedan automatically immobilizes the car from being driven when it senses one of its front axle shafts is broken so you can't even drive it at all? Wasn't even broken just worn.

Mercedes E class had brake failure like NO BRAKES PERIOD big scare used the Toyota saying- USE THAT PARKING BRAKE EDUCATION from unintended acceleration warnings. Scary stuff! Mercedes C class transmission failed. Mercedes ML SUV fuel gas smell in the cabin big scare too recurring issue not that many miles driven with that one.

The Lexus LS cars have huge trunk space to carry a lot of rifles too BTW...

My girlfriend bought a 2002 Lexus with 90,000 miles probably six years ago and never had one single problem from that car at all. She still driving it. A mechanic told me that the German cars aren’t near as good as they once were. I’ve always had General Motors cars and had pretty good luck with them.Some had no problems and some had a Few little problems.Seems like German guns are great but not so much their cars anymore.

I may he done with GM as well because my last new Corvette I bought as a daily driver (MOST comfortable sports to drive daily PERIOD and way more daily driveable than a Nissan GTR that's REALLY REALLY REALLY harsh riding even in comfort mode and the Acura NSX is #2 most comfortable daily driven sports car with literally no storage space) my new Corvette fuel pumps failed with less than 2000 miles on the odometer and it took more than 6 months to get the parts to fix under warranty IIRC like 8 months at the Chevy dealer. I sold it on consignment with only 2200 miles same as the GTR around 2000 miles it was just too harsh. My other Chevy had anti theft chipped key resistor syndrome had to try to start then no start and wait 10 minutes and go through start reset you probably know what I'm talking about and it's very annoying. Dealer would only replace the resistor sensor but didn't cure the problem sold it cheap with full disclosure and with very low miles. You always needed to prepare a 12-15 minute head start otherwise you be always late for meetings and appointments and go home with cold take out food. Then my Cadillac CTS several electrical issues and eventually couldn't even open the trunk no matter what then the power steering went out. The A/C was fantastic though just like the BMW 5 series.

Back on topic...

I would buy another gun that's very light weight to use for hunting at least a Benjamin Maximus under $150 from MidwayUSA don't knock it. Great light weight hunting gun that's easy to hand pump with only 2000psi fill needed. Tjis way you won't feel bad when you accidentally slip and fall with it and gets beat up after getting banged around. 5 year warranty too.

OK MIDWAYUSA NOW has the Maximus for even cheaper for only $135.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2083201846

Screenshot_2020-11-27-07-41-462.1606519836.png