• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Follow up. My young friend

A few months back I posted about a friend's 14 year old son that I introduced to airgunning .Since then he comes over every few weeks and we shoot in my basement range. His mother goes out with my wife to get their nails done and to shop and he and I get to shooting. He came over this last Saturday and he got to shoot my new EDgun Leyla .22 and boy did he enjoy that. A good size for him. He also shot my Cricket and Taipan Veteran .25's. Now he is a bit spoiled, after those three he shot my Hatsan Flash Pup and commented that the trigger is just not as good. LOL! It is such a joy to see a young person have so much fun. And the kid can shoot. Now with the warmer weather we can begin to head out to the range and shoot at some longer distances. My wife is a teacher and keeps telling me that I am being a "mentor" to him. Don't know much about that .I figure I am being a pal and we can all use one of those every now and then. I think that air gun shooting is a lot of fun and a good way for a young person to spend some time. Has to beat playing video games. IMHO 

Goose, I remember reading your first story about your young friend and thinking how awesome it was. I have a teaching credential and my wife too. We talk about the lack of role models all the time, it’s usually those children that stray. You’re awesome man. A mentor is first and foremost a friend, after that just help keep him on the right path. Bravo brotha. Sounds like you’re going to have to buy that boy a new RAW, Safari or Impact MKII so he can reach his full potential!!! Lol keep up the great work!

Stoti