Follow up Immersive prismatic.

Stoutblock, as Joedirt199 said the higher the magnification the shorter the eye relief. It is a choice, if you must wear glasses then the 5× is the way to go. I chose to buy the 10x40 and do without my glasses. I found that by adjusting the diaopter for a sharp image and then snuggling in tight to the eye cup, I got to the correct distance for approriate eye relief. so I get both clarity and magnification.
Is the 10x40 just not compatible with glasses at all? Can you roll the eye cup up or something and use it that way with glasses?

Is the 10x40 just not compatible with glasses at all? Can you roll the eye cup up or something and use it that way with glasses?

I think it mostly depends on how close your eyeglass lenses are to your eyeballs. Eye relief is 0.7" or 17mm. If your glasses aren't really close to your eyeballs, you can't get the scope close-enough to your eyes.

Tried the eye cup but didn't like it so I took it off. Really don't have to use it.

Side note. Did anyone else notice the cross bolts that are only half as thick as the full round cross bolts twist under torquing? I tried to torque down my mount and the cross bolts that are flat on one side of the shaft just kept twisting like a corkscrew. I was only using 15-20 in/lbs. Popped them out of the mount and used the solid screws and all tightened down as it should. They were very weak.

If you remove the eye cup it should work

20230102_161654.jpg

20230102_161857.jpg

Hate to loose the view as that is why I’m considering one of these. Still significant improvement over other options though? Longer eye relief may be worth it with my glasses? They don’t even bother with an eye cup?
Yes, the "Pro" versions are disposing of the rear eyecup and ship with a proper flipcap in the back.

FoV is still comparably massive.

For comparison:

IR 5x30 -- 12y @ 100
IR 5x30 "Pro" -- 10.2 @ 100
Leupold fixed 4.5 -- 8 @ 100
Leupold fixed 6 -- smidge under 6 @ 100

The long eye relief 5x30 in mildot and mildot rapid is now available. Price seems to be up on these.

10.2m FoV at 100.

@Scouty

Glad to see these are finally out. Especially glad with the FOV and weight specs. IO had initially emailed that the LER model would weight about 100 grams heavier than the standard model.

I hope they offer it without the mount. Ideally I'd have one on a lower QR ring. But I suspect I'll own one regardless.

That's an impressive FOV for >3" eye relief. That's more FOV than other 5x prismatic scopes like Vortex, Primary Arms, etc. And I think they all have less eye relief as well.

Reactions: Bullpupone
Glad to see these are finally out. Especially glad with the FOV and weight specs. IO had initially emailed that the LER model would weight about 100 grams heavier than the standard model.

I hope they offer it without the mount. Ideally I'd have one on a lower QR ring. But I suspect I'll own one regardless.

That's an impressive FOV for >3" eye relief. That's more FOV than other 5x prismatic scopes like Vortex, Primary Arms, etc. And I think they all have less eye relief as well.

Yeah, the specs are pretty great, especially the modest weight gains.

I keep going back and forth --- they're non trivially more expensive and I'm happy with both of mine, but in both cases I'd love to move the scope forward : /

Man, seeing size of the ocular lens, I'm starting to see why they are $$$

@Scouty did you get to look through it?

No. Copied those pictures from the UK forum.

Poster didn't really give any impressions of it.

That ocular bell might interfere with the R2D2 head of a Leshiy2 given my preferred low scope height. But still intrigued.