• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Foam Pellet Holders here in USA?

Found these on Etsy and the seller makes some great pieces but will not ship to the USA. Has anyone seen anything like these here? I kept searching but wasn't able to find a us based seller of anything like this. Neoprene foam laser cut.

Foam pellet holders.JPG

Reactions: RScott
I saw those as well and was planning on just making them myself. Some neoprene from Amazon and a hole punch
@woogie_man I was wondering about these when I first read the initial post. Is this something that a competition shooter would use after sorting or sorting and lubing pellets in order to safely transport them to a competitive event? I can’t think of another practical use case. How would you use this sort of insert?

I was thinking about using them for hunting or target shooting. If you think about the "match" pellets they will come individually contained in a box. this will help stop any damage that may happen to pellets during transport.

We all have a ton of empty tins sitting around so why not use them. Was also looking at using something like this for slugs. Being as I am able to make my own slugs I can package them and ensure there is zero damage. This will ensure that the slugs will be just as they are coming out of the press.

Reactions: Ezana4CE
These look like great pellet holders but one would best find a material other than Neoprene if cutting it with a laser. Neoprene, when heated, will produce hydrogen chloride, not good for human health and it'll eventually corrode the inside of the machine. I remember seeing a photo on one of the laser discussion forums of a pretty much trashed laser that was used to cut old vinyl records to make clocks, etc.

Can laser cut rubber, but something this thick tends to ignite and keep burning (yeah, it's in my never-doing-that-again category). Maybe some other type of closed cell, or dense foam would work??

Update: It looks like PE, PES, or PUR foam can be safely laser cut if these would provide the cushioning needed for the pellets. https://www.troteclaser.com/en-us/laserable-materials/laser-cutting-foam

Last edited:
Reactions: Bramezy
I love these being premade, clean and precise. Ill hack it so was hoping someone stateside was doing this. The pricing was fine with me. Was hoping to make a few tins worth for FT pellets and such.

I found a helpful site with a good selection of polyethylene foams and think I'll get some foam and see how easily and well my laser works cutting them. It's always fun to add another challenge to the retirement hobbies, aka old brain synapse exercises:geek:. I purchased the laser to make and donate cool stuff for dog rescue group fundraising, although this non-dog item might not be something they'd be interested in putting on their Ebay site 🤣

@Bramezy If you'd like to beta test them, PM me your mailing address and I'll send some if they turn out decent. I only have .177 and .30 tins and pellets so would need some specs on cutting for any of the other calibers.

I've been using the customtargets tins for a while.
Excellent product, plus they ship outside of the UK.

Anyone want a couple of pics?
Have seen the custom targets one for awhile now. The essential what id like to find here in US. We have tons of spare tins, just need the inserts!

I bought the Custom Target ones - they are exactly what I ordered and expected.
I did not find them easy to use in my FT set up, but as my set up has changed over time I may have to dig them out and try again.

https://www.snappytargets.co.uk/product-category/neoprene-pellet-savers

Just found these - I've asked if he ships outside the UK - so far no response

Reactions: Bramezy