• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
I have purposely run pellets with bent skirts. Meh wasn’t a big deal. Decided to clean my barrel fo no good reason, BAD HORRIBLE MISTAKE. Groups were horrible, after 60 or so it went back it very tight groups. If I don’t follow through in the shot for a second I get a ‘flyer’. I can shove most anything in my guns and they shoot insanely well At 30 yards. Slugs are the exception. Purely hit and generally miss.

I've only messed around with slugs. My P35-25 will shoot a couple reasonably well, like 3/4 inch groups or so at 30 yards. It shoots pellets into groups half as large or less, however. My P35-177 sprays 10.3 grain knockouts all over the place. Others report great accuracy with these in their Snowpeaks. I can't reliably even hit a piece of paper at 30 yards. I hit a chronograph (fortunately a cheap one) with one and ruined it. It definitely has not given me results worth the money I've spent on the slugs.

Reactions: muradtexas
I don't care much about a chrono, yes it is always ON but when I shoot at the club that is at least 200 shots a day and more ... and I am monitoring the POI @ 100, and scoring.
Shooting at 30 has very little to do with shooting at 100 and if you shot at 100 you would soon learn that. I don’t shoot at 30 specifically because it pratcice more varied distances( field target) and i shoot at 100 which is why i know its a whole different animal than 30. But just for the hell of it here are 15 5 shot groups shot single loaded 1 right after the other with no consideration for the wind and only stopping to put more air in the gun
IMG_4030.jpeg

The only other difference is velocity on top row 950 fps. 810 fps middle 810 fps less mod bottom. And i would love to see you shoot at least 200 out of 250 at 100. I don’t think you can

Last edited:
Solo1, Those are really good groups at 100 yards. I rarely shoot at 100 because I have to drive an hour or more to a range to shoot that far. When I have done it my groups were not even close to yours. Sorting pellets might help, I haven't tried it so I don't really know. I've only shot at 100 when there was noticable wind which I am pretty sure was a factor.

My point about the 30 yard challenge is just that I think most people find it harder than they think it will be to hit a 1/8th inch 10 ring and a dot of an X ring at 30 yards consistently. I can shot 30 yards in my yard so I do that a lot more often.

Jim

Reactions: dens228
I don't have an answer to share regarding slugs. I've only had this rifle since Dec 27th. I worked with pellets to start with and have only just started with slugs.

The slugs I have been trying are Zan 38gr. .253" diameter. I have tried them at various velocities and have not been able to find a setting that has them settling into a consistent grouping. They act much like the JSB 33.95s in that a small majority go into a ragged hole but there is always a couple outliers/flyers.

I have some AVS slugs in the mail to me now. I'm trying to find something around 38gr. so the AVS I have coming are 38gr. in .254" & .2553" diameter.

If I cannot get slugs to shoot as well as I expect, I'll revert back to the JTS 29.63s that shoot well from MY barrel and get out coyote calling with this new U2.

Hope ya get to some consistency from your rifle.
Thanks, man. These JTS pellets worked. I took them to the range and although they group slightly worse overall, they produced no flyers. Since people were asking what exactly I mean by flyers, here's a picture of a 30m 6-shot JSB group with 2 flyers. You can see how tight they group when they do group and how bad it opens up.

group.jpg

Took her to 70m with JTS to get some dope, this is the group they gave me....couldn't ask for much more.
group 1.jpg

Reactions: BBGunn
Muradtexas, give the rifle more rounds. My rifle has about 1000-rounds through it now and the bore has just started to 'come-in' and start grouping well!

I wasn't pleased with the rifle's performance to start with, but it's really starting to show it's potential now! :cool:
Interesting. I know firearms require some amount of copper fouling to shoot their best, is that something similar in airguns? But yeah, I'll keep those pellets around to try them again here and there. Will also play with different tunes once I have a compressor setup or at least a tank. Pumping it by hand doesn't make it easy to tinker with tunes haha.

Reactions: BBGunn