Florida Keys Iguana hunt

My wife and I just got back from spending some time in the Florida Keys. While we were there, I was able to get in touch with Brandon from Invasive En Vogue to book a hunt. It was an absolute blast. He was very informative and a pleasure to work with. Shot about 20 myself in a couple of hours

IMG_4037.jpeg

IMG_4034.jpeg

IMG_4040.jpeg

IMG_4025.jpeg

IMG_4076.jpeg

Looks like fun, but I'm a half continent away. I will NOT give the airlines my money. Because I had to help Mom out in Phoenix with my stepDad suddenly, they thought they could rob me for full price. They won once. Lost my StepDad on that trip. They probably won't get another chance. But if I get a good reason to go, iguanas will die! Rant over. Be Well, B.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
Invasive En Vogue website is very minimal. What does a hunt cost and how many hours?
I googled Florida iguana outfitters. One of them was minimum of $750 for 5 hours IIRC.
Here in Ohio you can go to a pig hunt for $575 guaranteed success or no charge.A pig has a whole lot more meat on it. Just sayin‘.
Not everyone hunts iguanas for the meat, less than half the people that come down here to hunt do it for the meat, rather they do it for the experience. You can hunt wild pigs in many different states. But you can only hunt iguanas down here. If you've done prairie dog hunting, it's pretty similar, only you don't have to spot and wait. We take you to them and they can be as close to you as a few feet and as far as a couple hundred yards depending on location.

Not everyone hunts iguanas for the meat, less than half the people that come down here to hunt do it for the meat, rather they do it for the experience. You can hunt wild pigs in many different states. But you can only hunt iguanas down here. If you've done prairie dog hunting, it's pretty similar, only you don't have to spot and wait. We take you to them and they can be as close to you as a few feet and as far as a couple hundred yards depending on location.
Good times I live in south Florida so would hard to pay to hunt them when can kill them in my yard there’s companies that people pay to kill them here they’ve really gotten out of control

Yeah, I was going to afd that but my post was getting long. I’ve read they’re pretty tasty. Irradication is primary concern, I agree. I pest at maple syrup farms, I know about the damage done by critters, just like in Texas and other states where hogs are a huge problem.

Good times I live in south Florida so would hard to pay to hunt them when can kill them in my yard there’s companies that people pay to kill them here they’ve really gotten out of control
Some companies have gotten pretty out of control but I wouldn't say it's the majority. Python cowboy charges $1250 for an all day trip, I think 6 hrs? And it's closer to $1600 if he comes with. But most are $650 -$800 from what I have seen, we charge $450 for 2 people for 4 hours, an addition $50 for each person that comes along and an additional $100 for every additional hour.

Invasive En Vogue website is very minimal. What does a hunt cost and how many hours?
I googled Florida iguana outfitters. One of them was minimum of $750 for 5 hours IIRC.
Here in Ohio you can go to a pig hunt for $575 guaranteed success or no charge.A pig has a whole lot more meat on it. Just sayin
His phone number is on the card. You could contact him and discuss the rates. I paid $250 for four hours. I was going for the experience and let him keep the meat.
There’s another outfitter in Geiger Key that I would strongly discourage you from using!