Florida Iguana Hunt

Want to give a BIG thanks to Fx USA for inviting us down to the great state of Florida for a chance to experience some Iguana pest control. A great time was had by all, and we got to meet a few of the great Fx USA employees. We were able to get some hands on shooting with the NEW FX Atomic pellets in a few different calibers and they performed exceptionally. The energy that the Atomics were able to deliver to the iguanas was really impressive. We were shooting the .22, .25, and .30 cal versions and each performed great. If you are in the market for a hard hitting, accurate pellet... look no further than the Fx Atomic pellets!

We were able to get a shocking number of iguanas. The amount of damage that was done with the Atomic pellets was honestly shocking.

Working on a video now.

We can't say thanks enough to Fx for having us down, and sharing these wonderful new pellets with us!

20220907_121740_resized.jpg

20220907_163932_resized.jpg

20220907_164335_resized.jpg

Last edited:
It was really eye opening for me personally. Being up here in North Dakota we have nothing like the iguanas up here. I was honestly shocked to see them just crawling around on the sidewalks and medians all through out town! We got a little over a 100 on that trip, the ones we show at the end were the ones that we were able to recover and those that would be disposed of. I guess there are people that will pay some decent money for them, so a few of the larger ones were packed in ice and sold to some locals.

It was a fun time, and if you get the opportunity to spend some time in Florida........ plan some time to shoot them.

Reactions: customcutter
The guy I went with is part of an Iguana pest control company. He freezes them and sells them to crab fishermen to use as bait. It's actually illegal to sell them as food due to FDA regs. I brought a few home to try. They don't taste like chicken, not a bad taste. I brought home some large 5'6" and longer ones. They were tough and chewy, I was later told that the 3-4' footers are better eating and not tough, which makes sense. I would definitely eat them again, but not as good as gator, turtle, or frog legs, IMO