• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Florida dairy farms

"wahoowad"No. I thought he was lazy by asking someone to take him to their permission rather than doing the hard work of asking for and obtaining permission to hunt on someone's land.
No i don't even know any farms to go ask them i didn't want any body to take me with him i just want to know any farms that do allow hunters on their property so i can go ask them 
if you have something helpful to say ... Say it if you don't have any positive reply don't bother 

The notion that land owners want people to come help them with their animal pests is a bit of a myth as it relates to Florida. 30 years ago, wild hogs were regarded as vermin here, and back then it was possible to gain access to land in order to thin them out for the landowner. Today, farmers get paid $10k plus by hunters for the hunting rights for their properties. Hunting land is in short supply in central and southern Florida. So you're not likely going to find someone who will just let you come out and hunt. You may find people who will let you pay them to have the hunting rights. You'll just have to check around. Eventually you'll find someone you can lease from. Going lease rates for quality land can be $10 an acre or so. 

If you're thinking more about rats or pigeons, there's really no tradition of that in Florida, so many landowners don't even think in terms of having someone come out to thin the rats or pigeons other than pest control companies. There are some places that hire companies to go out and remove rats or birds, and those companies do use air rifles. I considered doing that part-time myself just to get paid to do something fun. You might look into that. 

Most cattle operations in Florida span 20k acres or more and are otherwise are out in the woods so they really don't have problems with rats or birds (not to mention EVERY big stretch of wooded land is already going to be tied up by what we call a "hunting club," which is simply a compact of hunters who get together to buy hunting rights on large pieces of land and share the costs). You're more likely to find what you're looking for at a feed store, and probably a rural one at that as most places will be scared of letting someone shoot in a crowded area.

Or, look into joining a hunting club. Many of them would be tickled to have someone who pays dues and who doesn't deer hunt (because that's more deer for everyone else). Look for some that have large populations of small game you can airgun hunt. Just be careful and do your homework so you don't end up shelling out a lot of money to a group that might take advantage of you. 

Reactions: Gunnertrones
"Bullfrog"The notion that land owners want people to come help them with their animal pests is a bit of a myth as it relates to Florida. 30 years ago, wild hogs were regarded as vermin here, and back then it was possible to gain access to land in order to thin them out for the landowner. Today, farmers get paid $10k plus by hunters for the hunting rights for their properties. Hunting land is in short supply in central and southern Florida. So you're not likely going to find someone who will just let you come out and hunt. You may find people who will let you pay them to have the hunting rights. You'll just have to check around. Eventually you'll find someone you can lease from. Going lease rates for quality land can be $10 an acre or so. 

If you're thinking more about rats or pigeons, there's really no tradition of that in Florida, so many landowners don't even think in terms of having someone come out to thin the rats or pigeons other than pest control companies. There are some places that hire companies to go out and remove rats or birds, and those companies do use air rifles. I considered doing that part-time myself just to get paid to do something fun. You might look into that. 

Most cattle operations in Florida span 20k acres or more and are otherwise are out in the woods so they really don't have problems with rats or birds (not to mention EVERY big stretch of wooded land is already going to be tied up by what we call a "hunting club," which is simply a compact of hunters who get together to buy hunting rights on large pieces of land and share the costs). You're more likely to find what you're looking for at a feed store, and probably a rural one at that as most places will be scared of letting someone shoot in a crowded area.

Or, look into joining a hunting club. Many of them would be tickled to have someone who pays dues and who doesn't deer hunt (because that's more deer for everyone else). Look for some that have large populations of small game you can airgun hunt. Just be careful and do your homework so you don't end up shelling out a lot of money to a group that might take advantage of you.
What about dairy farms in Okeechobee they use grain to feed the cows have you tried that I am thinking of a trip to Okeechobee and ask them in person by the way i have been following you on YouTube for a year and I like your videos.

"Omaralaa25"
"Bullfrog"The notion that land owners want people to come help them with their animal pests is a bit of a myth as it relates to Florida. 30 years ago, wild hogs were regarded as vermin here, and back then it was possible to gain access to land in order to thin them out for the landowner. Today, farmers get paid $10k plus by hunters for the hunting rights for their properties. Hunting land is in short supply in central and southern Florida. So you're not likely going to find someone who will just let you come out and hunt. You may find people who will let you pay them to have the hunting rights. You'll just have to check around. Eventually you'll find someone you can lease from. Going lease rates for quality land can be $10 an acre or so. 

What about dairy farms in Okeechobee they use grain to feed the cows have you tried that I am thinking of a trip to Okeechobee and ask them in person by the way i have been following you on YouTube for a year and I like your videos.
Yeah never hurts to ask, never know when some farmer will say oh perfect I've been waiting for a kind boy like you to take care of these (insert pest species here).

"Omaralaa25"

I'm not very familiar with the Okeechobee area in terms of what sort of cattle operations they have these days. At an earlier time it was all open range down there. Not sure about now. Like Glem said, no harm in asking. You'll probably find that at first they'll turn you away because the hunting rights are already given to deer and hog hunters. You might get somewhere explaining that you're only looking for rights to hunt rats and pigeons. No one really does that in Florida, so you might find you have the "market" all to yourself.