• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FLOPS?

Don't get me started....
Any airgun in the $1000 and up price range needs to be guaranteed 1/2 MOA or better accuracy standards....and $2000 guns guaranteed to shoot 1/4MOA....tested and proven by the manufacturer.....

I personally have never heard of a Feinwerkbau, Anschutz or Styer that didn't meet it's accuracy standard....
All Daystates and FX guns at these prices should be guaranteed 1/4 MOA....

just my .02

Mark,
What ever the distance a minute is minute....ei; at 50yds one MOA is approximately 1/2 inch...

I've shot my FWB 601 and 603 at 50yds in still air and regularly achieved 3/8ths inch groups...roughly 3/4MOA... this is more than enough extractable/usable accuracy to shoot a perfect score in an Olympic airgun venue...PCP versions do even better.

In powder burner land I own two Cooper rifles with 1/2 MOA guarantees...carefully crafted ammunition has demonstrated this for me with some occasional 1/4 MOA displays...BUT Cooper guaranteed some level of performance going in...so apparently some makers know exactly what it takes to achieve performance and thus can make a guarantee...why not with expensive airguns?

The airgun FLOPS mentioned seem to be due to overpriced features and underperformance....

I think that's what makes air rifles shooting accurately at distance the challenge. Comparing the basically flat trajectory (supersonic) of a powder burner and its ability to shrug off wind to a subsonic pellet is clearly unfair. I have shot a .56 MOA 5 shot group and plenty others under an inch at 110 yards that's up there with powder burners and i'm happy with that. 

This thread is about field target specific editions that didn't sell well. It's not the focus of Daystate and FX, whereas Anschutz and Thomas etc that IS their focus.