Flip up scope caps

rkb, I have a Hawke SW Tac 6.5-20×42 scope due this week. The screw-in metal caps that come with the Hawke are great for storage or transportation. But I like flip up scope caps for hunting walks and so i did a search for flip caps that would fit the Hawke. I couldn't find any high quality caps for the Hawke like the metal ones available for Leupold scopes. I ended up ordering plastic Butler Creek caps that will do the job, but they lack the "cool factor" and seal of precision metal flip up caps. Here's what I ordered based on the diameters listed on the Hawke website:

Rear cover #18
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/221864/butler-creek-flip-up-rifle-scope-cover-eyepiece-rear

Front cover #28
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/524693/butler-creek-flip-up-rifle-scope-cover-objective-front

I'll find out this week whether I ordered the right sized caps. BTW, these items were out of stock at a number of retailers, and so I back ordered them and just recently received them. I hope this helps. Bob

edit: i was creating this post at the same time fbom8's post was submitted. I didnt see those Hawke flip caps when I was doing my search - go figure.

Well, I just got my Hawke SW Tac 30 6.5-20×42 scope and tried the Butler Creek front cover #28. The cover DID NOT fit. It seems one or two sizes too small. My rear cover is still in transit on a "slow boat", so I haven't been able to test its fit.

So, I need to return the front cover and order a larger Butler Creek front cover or go with the Multi-Flex design as suggested by krasiml.

Bob

edit: I called Butler Creek and they don't have the Hawke scopes in their charts, but the representative thought the BC front cover #30 would fit.

KillzoneHi Bob - I just picked up Butler scope covers at the local gun shop - The ones that fit for me were the #18 , 1.700 (43.2mm) for the eye (although a bit tight it will fit) and the #30, 1.960 (49.8mm) for the obj.
Hi KZ - thanks for the information! Now I can exchange my front cover for a correct sized cap. I did choose correctly on the rear cover thank goodness. It arrives Saturday.

Rkb - this info should help you choose what flip up caps to purchase. Bob