• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Flat top piston pumper maintenance

Hey guys I'm having some difficulty with my flat top piston 1322. I polished the tube of the gun really well and it's functioning ok but feels gritty and is scratching the top of the piston where the arm of the lever attaches. I'm thinking of taking it out and polishing the piston itself and replenishing the cylinder if needed. Two questions. First is this the best course of action. I'll take any better ideas you may have. Second what kind of grease/oil are you using? I have been using divers grease almost exclusively. I did put a small amount of silicone oil on the orings in the valve itself. My power and spread is good so that's what I meant by it being functional but I hate the feel of it. It's like nails on chalkboard. I forgot if it was an aluminum piston or steel. I think it's aluminum. If I can't figure this out I might have to get some stainless steel and get my lathe going but I would really rather not 😑 thanks dudes.

16975845244501558958949032941358.jpg