Flashpup Recommendations

Hi Kklotz 12 ..I have a Flashpup in 22. It was my 1st pcp too. My 1st suggestion is to get a Yong Heng compressor. I got a hand pump too to start out with and quickly went with a Yong Heng compressor. Pick 1 up from walmart for around $300. 1 of those gold tube filters from aliexpress for (I don't remember,,$30 - $50) and a bucket of cold water with 1 of those blocks of blue ice. No regrets there for sure. That way you can shoot till the sun sets. If you will be shooting reactive targets (aka steel targets) they should be pretty stout. Depends on the kind of steel and distance. congrats on your 1st pcp I'm sure you will be very satisfied with the Flash. PS,my mags kept jamming up the action but the single shot tray works fine for me.

Define cheap for a bipod. Mine is a UTG, $35.99 from PA and works for me when/if I want one: 

https://www.pyramydair.com/product/tactical-op-bipod-swat-combat-profile-telescoping-folding-legs?a=3373

While someone may know of cheaper places to find hand pumps, Amazon and Ebay are 2 places you can look. Might very well be wrong here but I have 2, both made in China, probably in the same factory, just for 2 different companies since they're exactly alike except for color.

Here's 1 anyway, looks just like mine except again, different company than either of my 2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/264578150009?hash=item3d9a162e79:g:qX0AAOSwM5Bht-jI

Scopes is pretty much a wide open thing since with PCP, no recoil, so you can use pretty much anything you want. Mine has a Discovery VT-Z 3-12x42 SF IR scope I got from Airgun Archery Fun in Canada for a little over $100, but there's plenty of options for inexpensive scopes that would work just as well and someone will wander in with an idea or 2.

My Flashpup .25 cal synthetic side lever:

Flashpup .25 side lever.1641103685.jpg

@SteveP-52 thanks! I appreciate the info. How do you find hand pumping yours is? I've heard as long as you keep it above 1000psi it's not too bad to get back up.

The air tube is only 165cc, so if my memory isn't too faulty, it took me something like 60-65 strokes to refill mine. I did a shot string from 2900 psi down to 1000 and got 28 shots all before it hit that 1000 psi mark. Shot 28 was still at 704ish fps which would still be a touch over 30fpe. Probably could have taken 2 more, made it an even 30 and still been right at that 700fps/30fpe mark. In my case, I'd be lucky to get 28 shots in the field hunting so for me, it's plenty....lol.

For what it's worth, I now have tested and finally working 4500psi tank I fill my 2 guns with. Had it for a few years now but could never find a place that would or could fill it until someone said Hey, have you tried the fire equipment sales place a few towns over? They hydrotest and service fire fighter SCBA tanks and might be willing to take care of yours. Couple emails and phone calls later and I can finally use my tank for way easier filling.