"Fixing" the stock Air Venturi Avenger or Seneca Aspen Magazines so that they feed consistently

Hello again, Avenger Enthusiasts.

I modified all of my Avenger magazines so that the feed spring is tighter so they will more reliably feed the whole magazine of pellets. There are a lot of steps here, so I made a video last March, and I just got around to compiling all of the information together and published it. Here is a link:

So, basically this just uses a 0.035" drill bit chucked up in a Dremel, and some JB Weld epoxy. The stock hole is in the 3 o'clock position and I move it to the 6 o'clock position. The stock Marauder magazines use this same scheme, but the holes are already drilled.
Here is the picture:
20221030_155406.jpg

I added the JB Weld to keep everything together because I have had a couple of the springs "pop" inside the magazine under the increased tension, and the JB Weld keeps that from happening completely.

Anyway, this doesn't increase the capacity of the magazines like the AE Swede mags do, but it does alleviate the feeding issue that is so common with these mags as stock...and is practically free as it only uses a tiny bit of JB Weld and that is the only expense. I hope that this helps some of my brothers.

Cheers!

Jonathan

Do you have any issues from the increased spring tension such as JSB (or other softer lead) pellet skirts deforming?
Not at all. I shoot Baracudas in those mags for the most part, which are a pretty "hardy" design. Regardless, the spring puts tension on the head, and the channel for the pellet skirt has no deformities, so I don't think that this is possible to happen...but I may be wrong... :unsure:

Thanks man I am following your example and trying the Barracuda Match with my power plenum and yeah I agree they are harder composition than JSB so that's good news they fair well. I'll have to get that drill bit and give this a shot.

BOTH my stock Avenger mags had the spring come off. One the 1st time I ever used it and the 2nd the second time I used it. People are not kidding when they rip the Avenger for the OEM mags. I ordered some Gauntlet mags and will use the Avenger mags as "plink only" but hope this mod will make them usable always.

@EmptyTin_Tim,

I think you will be pleased. Besides, this mod is practically free. I have (I believe) seven OEM Avenger mags. Two wouldn't feed consistently, and one had a spring pop like you said, so of seven, I had four that were "decent" before I made this modification. Since modifying them all, I don't have any that I stay away from any more.