Fixed power vs adjustable power scopes

I didn't wanted to bother some popular folks with pm so here I go with my question.

For over 40 years my greatest and deepest money pit was my hobby in photography. Along my way I learned the huge differences in between prime lenses vs zoom lenses, and about a second half of my life I decided I don't want to have a lens anything lower then F2.8.

I would like to be more transparent to folks in target shooting.

Can I assume the fixed power glass shall have more clarity higher quality glass vs adjustable power scopes?

I decided to split my investment and go for red dot scope (plus magnifier) up to 50, and get a real nice dedicated glass for 100-200-300 target.

I am more interested to hear feedback from Target and BR folks vs Hunters since I don't hunt and I believe these two not compare in views.

A fixed power 10x Discovery HD SFIR illuminated Or the cheaper non illuminated Vector 10x very very surprising they are more than decent even if they're cheap.

A Discovery VT3 3-12x then the Vector Veyon 3-12x would be my first and second choice that won't break the bank and are pretty nice. Discovery HD 3-12x if you want it illuminated.

I just sold today morning one of my Tokina F2.8 lenses, and couple more to go to finance a decent quality scope. WTH, I like toys.

But I would like to keep it simple, one FX Impact PP, one scope and one red dot.

We shot one at a time right?

Yes we only shoot one at a time. But when we put one down we have to pick another up so it's important to have at least two, then three, four and so on. Remember the addiction rules we must have no will of our own. If we do, have a will of our own, then we might not be able to get all the airgun stuff we want. So give yourself over to the addiction and be free of all those willful and sane thoughts. ;^) Good now that we have that taken care of I need to find some more airgun...

As far as clarity and higher quality glass it usually comes with more $ but in the end it's all in the eye of the beholder. I have not seen anyone do the red dot and a high magnification magnifier yet. Most of us like hash marks or dots for some reference points on our reticle.

I have a 10-40x50, I liked that scope but the L-R adjustment spring became unreliable (this is that recomendation some ppl prefer not to click the turrets) and the US Co who sold it to me 4-5 years ago just disappeared and my lifetime warranty is gone, so time for a new glass.

BTW...problem here with these new scopes.

US have some rules for exporting, ITAR....I don't want to feed them all, paying paperwork to a Canadian importer plus $$ shares to my Mr.President aka drama teacher.

So my $ shall go offshore to Germans or somewhere else but reliable again.

And I want a best glass scope for my money.

If you are allowed to order from Aliexpress this one simply can't be beat for the money. It sells for more than triple their price here in the states.

Screenshot_2020-09-12-13-30-112.1599953614.png
Screenshot_2020-09-12-13-30-563.1599953740.png

Since the scope is for sure no longer in warranty have you considered fixing it yourself? It's not that complicated even filling the nitrogen is not a big deal.

I tried. Removed the turrets and the front element but looks like "they" assembled the inner tube from rear. I did not open it from rear yet, at least for educational purpose I may do it tomorrow morning...nothing to loose. The Nitrogen fill I don't even need, when it is misty outside don't use it.

I cannot move the crosshair far enough to Left, the inner tube wall or the shim-spring must have collapsed below the turret point.

Already twisted the Impact rail to L as much the holding screws allowed, but the L-R turret is maxed.

Have you already tried the flip them scope rings around and pray trick? Or last desperation if those Picatinny rings got a little play shim the bite on the rings a little to point it more that way while the scope is already mounted in them of course.

I have more sets in my drawers but like the most the Infinity adjustable height rings set. I got them earlier this year and holds the scope really nice but have not tried to flip them around in oposit.

No such thing as best glass from "Ali" the best glass (most expensive scope they sold) I took a gamble on is worse than an Athlon Argos at 1.5x the price. Was hoping for at least better than a Discovery HD and yeah I got really burnt. You are better off buying that BSA or Discovery HD or ED from Airgun Archery Fun it's cheaper than Aliexpress.

The BSA for under $100 is safe. Other scopes they sell that are more expensive may be disappointing plus no warranty unless you want to pay big bucks to ship them all the way back to China and that's expensive plus the loooong wait time..

No such thing as best glass from "Ali" the best glass (most expensive scope they sold) I took a gamble on is worse than an Athlon Argos at 1.5x the price. Was hoping for at least better than a Discovery HD and yeah I got really burnt. You are better off buying that BSA or Discovery HD or ED from Airgun Archery Fun it's cheaper than Aliexpress.

The BSA for under $100 is safe. Other scopes they sell that are more expensive may be disappointing plus no warranty unless you want to pay big bucks to ship them all the way back to China and that's expensive plus the loooong wait time..

I don't mind buying cheap but I would really like to see a POI @ 100 with a scope. I have a spotter (2 actually) that can do, but that setup complicates life dragging all with me on my back - to a remote farmland (my shooting ranges are closed in my neighbourhood btw) :(