Fixed Parallax Pesting Scopes

i used a gamo 4x for years around the house on my prod, still consider it close to perfection for that role .. parallax 'is' adjustable on most fixed scopes also ..
I also had a Gamo 4x fixed parallax scope on a Gamo Hunter 20 years ago. I killed hundreds of ground squirrels with that gun. I gave it away to an 85 year old uncle who had a tree squirrel problem on his property. He was laughing like a kid as he was picking them off his fruit trees.

Out of curiosity, why not just get an adjustable and leave it set at 30yds? Is it really adding that much weight or is there another reason that I'm not aware of?
That is an option. I am looking for a very light weight, small objective 4x scope for close distance pesting. Leupold scopes seem to have what i need, just wanted to see what else was working.

I just picked up a Fixed Power " HAWKE 4 x 32 AO " a few days ago.

IMG_3029.jpeg

A comparison to the " 2-7 X 32 AO ".

IMG_3044.jpeg

IMG_3048.jpeg

I used my Astra Optix Laser Rangefinder & sighted on my Neighbors Roof Chimney ( 35 YARDS ).

IMG_3047.jpeg

I targeted the " ROOF PIPE VENT ", as my makeshift Squirrel..

For a " BUDGET RIFLE SCOPE ", the glass was very clear...(y)

I'm not sure how well they will hold up over time ... ?
But, If I have any issues ...? I'll keep sending it back for the " NO - FAULT LIFETIME WARRANTY " .😉

HAWKE VANTAGE 4x32 AO
MIL-DOT RETICLE

Nitrogen purged. Shockproof. Waterproof. Fog proof.
All caliber rated.
Hawke No-Fault Lifetime Warranty.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottEnglish
That is an option. I am looking for a very light weight, small objective 4x scope for close distance pesting. Leupold scopes seem to have what i need, just wanted to see what else was working.
I chose the Leup 4X mainly because of it's size & weight. I had Leupold re-set the parallax to about 35yd's. In the end it works very well for me.

Reactions: ScottEnglish
I love my SWFA 6x SS scope. Built like a tank and focuses down to 10 yards. Tracks perfectly with Japanese glass. If you can get one from their site when they run sales they can be had for around $250. Just have to be fast as they go out of stock quick.
These are actually in stock at the moment, at $299, which at retail is a good deal. Within the last year, the couple of sales at SWFA have had the fixed power scopes at $199

Sorry for the delay. I can't say that the "Custom Shop" did the re calibration. They just told me to send it and pay $25.00 for the process and return shipping.

No problem. Was this recently?

I've heard conflicting reports if Leupold will still offers this service. I don't own a Leupold scope but have a few that I'm interested in.