• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch Fixed my hw 95

My hw 95 newer model version was only shooting 600-620 fps with 14.3 crossman. I am at 2600ft, dad tuned this up when i first got it and my deavation was pretty spread out here lately. Even though dad fully tuned it just didn't have that strong thump when it shot. Had factory seal and spring.

I ordered a jm hornet spring and a vortex seal. We left the factory seal and just added the spring and bam lol just 500fps and was getting blowby past the seal with the new spring. Used brake clean started from scratch and tuned it up now it is shooting 705 with 14.3 and 5-10 deveation in fps.

Biggest plus is learning from dad on how to take apart a hw and how to tune it..

I found the factory to be kinda hard and undersized + the gashes that they can get from the factory slamming them in from the razor blades in the tubes cutouts ..

You read a lot of guys getting a new hw/R gun and " fixing it" near right out of the box .. I also imagine he being bad behind on production there just more carelessly slamming guns together to try to make any order fills ..lol. I sure would not buy one today ..

I found the factory to be kinda hard and undersized + the gashes that they can get from the factory slamming them in from the razor blades in the tubes cutouts ..

You read a lot of guys getting a new hw/R gun and " fixing it" near right out of the box .. I also imagine he being bad behind on production there just more carelessly slamming guns together to try to make any order fills ..lol. I sure would not buy one today ..
For the price they should have checked hw seal from factory, it had a baby scratch from getting put in but being that undersized and get blowby like that hw should be ashamed putting that out and not checking.

For the price they should have checked hw seal from factory, it had a baby scratch from getting put in but being that undersized and get blowby like that hw should be ashamed putting that out and not checking.
Maybe they do on them $1000 limited edition ones ..lol... Maybe .

Reactions: Bandito

A subject that I have been tempted to get into with my new 97K, but I wanted to get some more pellets through it. I'm at 1150 rounds so far.

Under no circumstances do you trust any of these companies unless you get a cometa and he goes through it well! In essence if you are a springer guy you have to learn to tune period. Just like my diana34 right before they went to the gas rams mine was a gigantic turd. It had rust in the tube and the seal was completely chunked on the top and there was no lube anywhere, crappy bluing job. Yeah it got sent back. 100% Never shoot a diana until you buy a new seal and take it apart and de-bur and etc, To be honest risking any of these high dollar guns its just not worth it.