• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Fix wildcat mk3 help needed-air leak

Hello,

relatively new to the pcp world. I’ve got a wildcat mk3 that I’ve put about 4 clips through it. Recently I can feel an air leak every time I fire- it appears to be coming from the air air tube going into the barrel- each time I fire I can feel a good amount of air coming from the clip right by my eye. Any idea how to fix this as obviously this shouldn’t be occurring and I’m losing power. The rifle is tuned for slugs by Utah air gun. Thanks! Jacques 

Did you verify that you didn't lose your breech o-ring seal? You should be able to see it if you shine a flashlight into the breech. Or try the tissue test - cock the gun and run the cocking lever all the way forward (you can do with or without a magazine and/or pellet). Lay a piece of facial tissue or TP over the closed breech and fire. The tissue should NOT be blown off (it should move very little, or not at all). If it gets blown off- breech seal o-ring is gone (or badly torn).

COCK THE GUN CLOSE THE BOLT PUT HAND OVER WHERE YOUR MAGAZINE GOES IN IF YOU FEEL AIR ITS BLOWN YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO SEE IT VERY EASY PULL THE CHEEK REST OFF 2-3MM BOLTS LOOSEN UP THE 4-MM HEX HEAD OR TAKE OT OUT THEN THE 3-MM HEX THAT HOLDS BARREL IN THEN SLIDE OUT THE BARREL EASIER TO SEE ALSO LOOK AT FX SITE FOR O RING SIZE
IMG_1292.1640381595.JPG

Watch wisconsin airgunner he has same trouble as do i .I just joined to see if anyone else is having issues, And i see you have the same problem. 2200 dollars should get you better quality control.I could fix it myself, but im a person thats big on principal. And i really don't want this gun anymore because who knows what will happen down the road . Fx has a no return policy even on a poorly made machine. FX never again. Im going to stick with my air force airguns. They also are having bad poi changes.

Losing or blowing out the probe oring is a kind of common thing it doesn't just happen to fx it happens to slot of other brands to most of the time you can replace the oring in a matter of seconds. It's not a quality control problem it happens poi changes also happen in other brands and not everyone is having a problem with there fx it is bull if you were told other wise