• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Fix Impact - MK2 Tension Screw Not Functional

Screenshot_20201107-164859_Drive.1604793030.jpg

You most likely sheared #11 Allen screw 

Hell no. 
Not in Trinidad & Tobago. 
Even under warranty you still pay. 
The very first time I shot my .177 FX Impact MKll, pellets stacked inside the barrel and when I took it to the seller (Only Authorized FX dealer) I still had to pay approximately $80USD.

HI KevonJohnson,

I’m surprised that you can even get a FX Impact in T&T! Are you only allowed the .177 and are there any caliber or power restrictions?

My wife is from Trinidad and I used to get down there once or twice a year to visit her mother who retired to Tobago. She passed two weeks ago, plus with Covid not sure when I’ll get back there, but it was fun to visit.

Chris

Is self inflicted damage covered by warranty? Not trying to be a jerk but if the gun isnt deficient is it a warranty case?

Adjusting the HST preload with tension on it (cocked) is strongly advised against. (Most likely not warranty if it's done against manufacturers instructions.

Stacking pellets in the barrel is a user error sorry but it is. I wouldn't expect the company to pay for that fix. (Unless there was something wrong with the gun that caused it. Settings set too low can do this if it was shot as it came then my mistake.

OP did you see sniperlabyo's response to your other thread? That slider is supposed to jiggle back and forth when not cocked as it's a free floating hammer/spring/HST slider. If its only doing it when not cocked there might be nothing wrong with it.

Thanks for the info. 
The stacking of the pellet issue, I strongly think that the problem is a collapsing derlin rubber that would eventually need changing out. I saw a couple of videos on YouTube were two people had the same issue (Aaron Cantrell and Meatheat Marksman) I would be shooting and all of a sudden you will hear a muffed sound. After the first time I just stopped shooting and use a dowel to push out the pellets which comes out undamaged. Like the pellet probe was just stacking them but no air was pushing them out. The gun settings are done by the seller which I don’t interfere with due the warranty issue and proving that I didn’t tamper with the gun which will be very difficult in my country. 
The power wheel issues self inflicted by by fault so I’ll have to bare the cost of that repair. 

Thanks for the info. 
The stacking of the pellet issue, I strongly think that the problem is a collapsing derlin rubber that would eventually need changing out. I saw a couple of videos on YouTube were two people had the same issue (Aaron Cantrell and Meatheat Marksman) I would be shooting and all of a sudden you will hear a muffed sound. After the first time I just stopped shooting and use a dowel to push out the pellets which comes out undamaged. Like the pellet probe was just stacking them but no air was pushing them out. The gun settings are done by the seller which I don’t interfere with due the warranty issue and proving that I didn’t tamper with the gun which will be very difficult in my country. 
The power wheel issues self inflicted by by fault so I’ll have to bare the cost of that repair.

So you confirmed the slider jiggles side to side when cocked too? Or only when uncocked?

And yeah that's strange never heard of the pellets stacking like that. 

Yeah, the slider not really jiggles but has some movement due to me rotating the power wheel while it was engaged. 
I removed the wheel you suggested and saw scratches below the wheel from what I did this giving the slider some play when engaged. 
I adjusted the screw on the sliders about a 1/4 turn and when cocked there isn’t any movement.
I’ll replace the mentioned screw very soon so that it can be at the 11mm factory specs measurements by a calipers as stated on the fix impact booklet.