• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fix impact mk1 smooth twist barrel vs newer smooth twist x barrel

I think Ted won one of the big tournaments with one of those so they are accurate enough. But then again they need cleaned more often and don't shoot as wide variety of pellets as well as the newer units do. I don't think they shoot any of the slugs well. So if you want to change your ammo or shoot slugs then one of the newer barrel and liner systems would likely be better.

If it is shooting well now with a specific pellet and you are happy with that then there is no need to make the change.

I have changed out the barrel on my Impact for .177, .22, .25 so far and all of the calibers have shot excellent.

I’m a proud owner of a fox impact mk1 with the original smooth twist barrel, is it worth buying the newer smooth twist x barrel system with interchangeable liners, do you guys that have them get better accuracy, thanks for your feedback 

If it ain't broke DON'T fix it!!

That being said if you want to run slugs then yeah the liners are the way to go! But if you're shooting lights out now; and don't have a need to go to slugs? Then why bother?

What caliber are you shooting? 

What range are you shooting the Slugs? Typically they don't group well at close distances. Try stretching it out and see how well they do? 

Most of my shooting is 50 yrds or closer. I try and avoid slugs for most shooting because of it's high BC. (You need to treat heavy pellets and slugs like a firearm.) 

But try and see if your slugs stabilize at longer ranges. If it doesn't and you are still set on shooting slugs? Then you may want to consider upgrading to a new barrel kits.