• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Results Five rifles - N50 results

Hey gang

I saved a bunch of N50 cards from shooting five Rifles. I calculated an average score for the N50 cards I saved. This is a representative look at how 5 good rifles performed at 50 yards. These are ‘practice’ cards and were not shot in any official N50 sponsored match, Since both .22 LRs and air rifles are allowed to shoot in N50 matches, I wanted to see how each gun performed relative to scoring accuracy.

N50 Scoring Stats

Anschutz 1907 

19 N50 cards

244 average score ( This gun uses a tuner and was scored with Pro class .223 plug )

Anschutz 64 MPR

12 N50 cards

235 average score

Taipan Long .25 cal 

3 N50 cards

228 average

RAW HM1000x .22 cal 

15 N50 cards

233 Scoring Average

Daystate Safari 

.22 cal HP 

30 N50 cards

238 average scoring

Hi Tommy, you should put this in the BR section.

If I recall….your 1907 was being scored as a pro class rifle. That should be noted as the target is much more difficult scoring with the little plug.

It might be better for direct comparison to score all the targets with the same plug.

Mike

Mike

I edited the post to reflect the 1907 uses a tuner and all those cards were scored with .223 pro class plug you sent to me with the N50 cards. I realize all other cards were scored with the generous .035” scoring plug, but thanks for the catch. Actually, just wanting to show the scoring trends for the various rifles, for those that practice, participate or have interest in Shooting the N50 cards. Also, thanks for clarifying that N50 is not part of NRL22. I was confused about that. 

Moderator - can you move this to Bench rest “TALK” category. Tx Tom