• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Brocock/BRK Five Good Reasons Why I SHOULDN’T Buy A Brocock Sniper XR .22 Sahara

Well I have finally found the time to get my new Sniper XR Sahara 22cal. dialed in at 40yds. and accuracy is amazing for these old eyes. It seem to like the JBS 18s the best (best 5 shot group 1/2") which is great for me. It also shoots the Crosman Hollowpoint 14.3 gr. at less than an inch. so far. That is about the same as I get with my FX Crown. I like it mush better than the Crown though. I only have about 500 through it so far though.
Mine also likes 18gr the best, 15.9 next and then CPHP. For 18.13, JSB and HN shoot equally well. The Crosman did poorly at high, I turned a notch down and it settled nicely @877FPS. CPHP performed better at next lower power adjuster level @771FPS.

Yes the XR Magnum is still listed, however the XR Sahara is no longer listed on the site...It was there for preorder this morning for $1195.00

It's still there but not on the Black Friday deals. If you go to the air rifle page, then pick PCP, it's there for pre order at the $1195.00 price. Hope this helps!

It's still there but not on the Black Friday deals. If you go to the air rifle page, then pick PCP, it's there for pre order at the $1195.00 price. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the info...It still does not show up for me even under PCP then Brocock and list all the models for sale. Not sure why because when I click the link in the original poster's message it does go to the site and displays the Sahara. Anyway, thanks again for the info. Hopefully mine will ship within a day or two.

After clicking on the PCP page just scroll down to the rifles that pop up. Don't need to pick Brocock. Anyways, hope you get yours soon. Looks like a great rifle. Post some pics after you get it all dressed up! (y)
Your way works! Thanks, I was beginning to thank that it was going to be discontinued. And I will post pics when I get it set up. Thanks again.

Placed my order for the Brocock Sniper XR Sahara .22 tonight thanks in part to this thread and help/advice from many here on this forum! My scope is on order as well - I went with the Arken EPL-4 6-24x50 FFP MOA.

Long shot, but does anyone with the Sahara have access to the EdGun Behemoth Moderator (EdGun) to see what it looks like installed and bonus if you know how well the combo performs together?

I LOVE the Savior Bags as well - I'm thinking the 32" Savior might be nice and compact option by angling the Sniper XR in there slightly (with moderator off)...anyone have that case by chance? Otherwise I'd have to go up to the 36" Savior.

Reactions: Hangtown-Shooter
I just realized I forgot to update this thread with a photo! Please excuse my messy bench it’s in need of some organizing again lol…

I ended up installing an Aim Sports “Alpha 6“ 4.5-27x50 SFP optic using UTG Pro 30mm medium height rings and rounding out the package with a black 0db moderator.

IMG_7109.jpeg

Reason #1…. Well, that’s about as far as I got on this topic haha!

But seriously.., every time I’m browsing AoA I find myself attracted to this short-barreled high-shot-count side-lever bottle-rifle, and I heard a rumor the “sale” is ending soon 😆

So, if anyone has a good reason to NOT purchase one, speak up now… and I’d love to hear input and see some gun p-or-n pics if you do have one!

I can't afford such a gorgeously awesomely beautiful rifle. But if I could...but I really do like the Hatsan line. But, any how, what are you waiting for! LOl

I've had my Sahara for about two months but the weather here in Wyoming hasn't been the best for shooting with -30 to -40 wind chills. But today it's mid 40's and wind about 10 to 12 mph so I got to shoot some groups at 35 yds. The test target that I received with the Sahara they used JSB exact jumbo diabolo 15.89 grain pellets, so that is what I started with and shot a 10 shot group. I also tried some JSB exact monster 25.4 pellets and shot a 10 shot group. Results are in the pics. This was using a bipod and bag in the back. Wind was quartering left to right, and I have to shoot downhill. The target is probably is 8 feet below my shooting position. I shot at the high power setting and reg pressure is 120 bar which is how the rifle came to me. Pleased with the results for the conditions that I was shooting in. The prairie dogs will be in trouble around my shop come this Spring...

I'm quite happy with the rifle and Airguns of Arizona for the sale and service. It's still on sale with preorders available. I would have no hesitation about purchasing from them again.

20231221_164431.jpg

20231221_164438.jpg

Last edited:
Really enjoyed mine and I would highly recommend! It killed about a dozen squirrels and one or two chipmunks. Tried 4 pellets: JSB/FX 18.13, HN 18, JSB 15.89, CPHP 14.3. All very accurate at 35 yards on power adjust High. The order of preference appears to be heavier the better. I am shooting Crosman now for its low cost.

Pros:
- Nice design and workmanship
- Appears to be more solid than some other premium brands
- Good price currently at AoA
- The semi-bullpup configuration is indeed a good compromise
- Well balanced and shoulders well
- Crazy consistent shot strings (muzzle velocity)
- Excellent accuracy (35 yards only with paper targets, but 50-yds squirrel kills achieved)
- Shoots Crosman hollow point 14.3 accurate enough for squirrels and chipmunks

Nitpicks:
- The side lever is not smooth. It was not easy to operate when new. It is now good after break-in but still not smooth (compared to FX models, even worse than the worst FX - Maverick)
- Trigger can be better. Again it is better now than new. I think the heavier trigger pull is good for a hunting rifle but more smooth operation is possible as other rifles have shown.
- I would personally prefer a thicker grip or a different shape (FX Wildcat?)