• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

fittings for refilling at dive shop/Fire Dept.

Hello Friends,

I recently bought a CF tank with male foster fitting and a 24" whip with female foster fittings. The local dive shop doesn't have adapter fittings to refill it. What fittings are needed so dive shop can refill?

The same goes for the local fire department. They will fill the tank if i had the right fittings for a scott air pack. not sure what is needed.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Take care,

K

Hi BlackbirdPS,

I'd need at least a photo of what is on your tank for a valve. The 24" whip off of the tank valve fitting may be easily removable to allow fire station or DIN 300 connection.

If you don't want to remove the whip, a foster male fitting to DIN300 female fitting would likely be your best bet for the dive shop IMHO.

For the SCBA/Firehouse fill, a foster male fitting to Male SCBA (CGA-347) would be correct down here. Might want to check with the FD to verify the fitting on their tanks. It would surprise me if other standards exist.

Your interweb search engine of choice should be summoned to verify the accuracy of my recommendations.

Enjoy,

Nugria

Hello Friends,

I recently bought a CF tank with male foster fitting and a 24" whip with female foster fittings. The local dive shop doesn't have adapter fittings to refill it. What fittings are needed so dive shop can refill?

The same goes for the local fire department. They will fill the tank if i had the right fittings for a scott air pack. not sure what is needed.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Take care,

K

You damn sure that there is'nt a fitting screved into the tank from DIN300 to Foster???

Never heard of a tank with nothing but a Foster fitting.

If this is indeed the facts then you need one of those:

fit-300tofemaleqc.1633709125.png

https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/pcp-accessories/300-din-female-to-female-qc-fitting/

It will screw onto their male DIN300 fill hose and connect to your double Foster fitted hose.

Hi BlackbirdPS,

For the Fire Department, a CGA 347 to foster would likely fit the bill. Down here in the states it is common for SCBA tanks to be fitted with the male CGA 347 interface (the left hand side of the fitting shown below). If you take one of these:

fitting.1633789754.JPG

and attach a male foster fitting to the NPT threads on the right hand side of the above fitting you could then fill at the FD through your wip.

I'm sure someone will drop in to find a ready-made fitting to go from CGA 347 to foster. My skills on the interweb are failing me at the moment.

Enjoy,

Nugria

ps. Wish I had a friendly FD. It would have saved me a bunch of shop space and tons of $$$ spent on a compressor.

Hi All,

I'll give it a shot. FD fill systems have used the following CG 347 connector on their tanks. There can be others but this is most common:

cga347scba.1633816489.JPG

If you have that fitting on your tank you are good to go. (The word "This"). If you have some other connection you just have to get to there.

While not stated on their web page (linked by a previous member), the OP is likely looking for one of these and a double-male foster:

cone.1633816763.JPG

That should do it AFAIK,

Enjoy,

Nugria