Fittings and terminology.

Greetings,

Just bought a Hatsan BullBoss and need some help setting up proper charging connectors. I have a compressor and a pricey NinJa bottle setup that I use for my Diana Bandit.

I want to use the same setup for the Hatson. What I don't know is how to figure out what I have now. I think fittings are all BSPP. Where do I find the spec on BSPP measurements? 

Also need a pressure release valve. If anyone has a good choice please advise. There is a lot of junk out there. I own some...

Thanks in advance.

Kentek

Greetings,

Just bought a Hatsan BullBoss and need some help setting up proper charging connectors. I have a compressor and a pricey NinJa bottle setup that I use for my Diana Bandit.

I want to use the same setup for the Hatson. What I don't know is how to figure out what I have now. I think fittings are all BSPP. Where do I find the spec on BSPP measurements? 

Also need a pressure release valve. If anyone has a good choice please advise. There is a lot of junk out there. I own some...

Thanks in advance.

Kentek

Here you go: https://www.gewinde-normen.de/en/whitworth-pipe-thread.html

Unfortunatly it probably wont do you much good.

If your fittings are Chinese they just might be M10x1 which is almost the same as 1/8" BSPP :-(

Whitworth is a funny thing ans is only 55deg on the ridges whereas metric and UN is 60deg. That means that you can fit a metric/UN nut over a Whitworth male thread and get away with it, but not the other way around.

UN pipe threads are all comical so seldom used on our fittings, but M10x1 and 1/8"BSP can be confused by a novice.

Whitworth threads:

55.1649605067.gif

UN/Metric threads:

60.1649605091.gif

Now you're confused on a way higher level ;-)

Told you it might just be more confusing knowing it all.

What do you have for a fill probe? Something like this ?

download 3.1649820707.jpeg

Where the fill probe is separatefrom the hose or is it threaded to the hose? If it connects with a quick disconnect then the foster fitting should fit the hatsan quick connector that huma air makes

Screenshot_20220412-181830_Chrome.1649813001.jpg

If you do not have a quick disconnect then you probably should get one so you can use the bottle to be able to fill both guns. Maybe show a picture of what you have. 

Allen

Your compressor didn’t come with a built in bleed valve? Or is your bleed valve pictured connected to your ninja tank?

if you know thread types, and you’re at NPT go to airtanksplus.com. If trying to set up something with mainly BSP go to bestfittings.com. Best also has NPT if you have a mix of fitting needs and just want to shop at one place.