Fitting .30 cal 68gr or larger slugs in Uragan 2

I want to try 68gr and larger but the OEM magazines have internal restrictions. I purchased a sheet of .5mm CF and created a new cover plate.
20240429_152228.jpg

It's not perfect since this is a prototype. I cut 2 small o-rings into crescent-shaped pieces to space the new plate a little more than flush with the mag. I used JB SteelStik in small doses, being mindful to not get excess in the inner track. Then I placed the mag on a smooth surface with a heavy weight to bring the new plate flush again.

The OEM cover is 2mm thick. Based on measurements, in theory this "should" allow for projectiles that are 12.1mm long versus 10.6mm. I already tried 61gr and they have lots of room. Next is the Zan 68gr which is on order.
20240429_152253.jpg

20240429_154639.jpg

What's the longest .30 cal slugs that you guys have experimented with? If I need more space, I may create a CNC file to remove material in the bottom of the mag as well. MtnGhost has been experimenting with larger ammo in these mags and it inspired me to attempt the same. If I can find a economical & viable solution, I can retrofit more mags. New ammo is always being developed and I don't want these mags to limit opportunity!

Reactions: Ezana4CE
So far the only down-side is that I had to use JB SteelStick to secure the custom CF plate to the mag body. At .5mm it doesn't allow for recessed screws as before. However since you can remove the center rotating mechanism, this may not be a bad thing as you can still access the inside of the mag body and clean the mag free of lead dust, oil, etc.
It's been raining here but when I get a window I will experiment with the 68gr and report back.