• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW Rapid First time RAW owner with some questions

I received my .25 RAW Hm1000x yesterday and I have a few questions.

I did a search, and it looks like there are a couple different answers but the 480cc carbon tank says it's good to 250bar but the manual says to only fill to 230bar. It's no big deal to only fill to 230 if that is what the specs call for, but I did see some people that said the reg and the tank can both handle 250bar without a problem.

I ordered a left-hand rifle because I will only be shooting benchrest and wanted the cocking lever on the left side. On the left hand rifles the fill port is actually on the left side of the rifle but I would rather have it on the right side. From the vids I have watched it looks like you can just remove the tank and flip the port and gauge around, so they are on the opposite sides, is that correct?

Last question is what moderator should I go with to quiet this rifle down some? Looking for the best bang for the buck.

Reactions: ThomasT
@ Raydee38 , congrats on your new raw. Yes, you can fill to 250 bar with no problem. As for moderator, give Allen a call. His full bull shroud is the bomb. You get 2 for one. Mouse fart quite and good looking. You can switch the guage/fill port from left to right. My .30 lefty Raw with Allen's shroud . Hope this help.

Screenshot_20231201_060314_Contacts.jpg

20230619_093815.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Blejda and ThomasT
I have a Pre Airforce RAW in .25 and a post Airforce Raw in .22. Martin recently took the canister moderator off of the .22 and put in a standard 1/2" moderator adapter, which I attached a 0dB moderator to, which not only served to near totally silence the rifle but to my surprise, made the rifle even more loud.

Congrats on your purchase.

Reactions: Raydee38

I did a search, and it looks like there are a couple different answers but the 480cc carbon tank says it's good to 250bar but the manual says to only fill to 230bar. It's no big deal to only fill to 230 if that is what the specs call for, but I did see some people that said the reg and the tank can both handle 250bar without a problem.

- Fill to 250 bar .... I don't know why the manual says 230 bar either. Confused me to for a few months.

Does your barrel have the screw on threads? If yes, many after market LDCs will work just fine.
The moderator only needs to be about 5" long to quiet them down, I would recommend getting a SSG too! Increased efficiency - less noise.

SSG - Junkie.JPG

IMG_0574 (1).JPG

- Fill to 250 bar .... I don't know why the manual says 230 bar either. Confused me to for a few months.

Does your barrel have the screw on threads? If yes, many after market LDCs will work just fine.
The moderator only needs to be about 5" long to quiet them down, I would recommend getting a SSG too! Increased efficiency - less noise.

View attachment 411246

View attachment 411247
M barrel is the new threaded design. Any recommendations on a ssg that I can look into?

The SSG was developed by Bob Sterne and the RAW SSG version was perfected by Motorhead.
They're purely a product of home Tinkerers and no one mass produces them.

I could make you one, but would need to know your ideal pellet and velocity ........... PM me for more info.
Ok I will let you know after I get some time and testing on the rifle.

Reactions: SpiralGroove
Been getting some shooting in before the snow starts flying here and I am wondering what kind of maintenance the RAW's require. I don't see anything in the manual about lubing anything from time to time or even cleaning the barrel.
If accuracy falls off, pull a few patches through the bore. Otherwise, shoot it. Unless you disassemble the action, no lube is necessary. As for the SSG, same advice, forget it and just shoot. Sometimes we outsmart ourselves.

Reactions: Ranchibi
All of my benchrest powder burners get the barrel cleaned often, I am guessing I won't need the cleaners that I use for the powder burners and would think Balistol would be safe in the air rifle with a patchworm pull through.

If accuracy falls off, pull a few patches through the bore. Otherwise, shoot it. Unless you disassemble the action, no lube is necessary. As for the SSG, same advice, forget it and just shoot. Sometimes we outsmart ourselves.
I am def interested in the SSG, I just want to do some more testing and see what the pellet the barrel likes the best. I was told that the newer .25 RAW's like the 33.95gr JSB King Heavy pellets so that is what I am shooting now at about 870fps.

Like said above...just shoot it! I do clean my barrel every 500 shots or about one tin of pellets....this mostly helps with slug accuracy thru mine. I also had my barrel polished professionally. I had Martin service mine after years of use....inexpensive and done properly, he also tunes it to your specs, about 3 weeks turnaround.

Reactions: rsfrid