• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

First time PCP Airgun owner. Former Break-Barrel owner.

I'm coming from a Gamo Swarm Maxxim .22, basically stock running a whopping 18 fpe on a good day with the wind at your back. I own a firearm and have shot some pretty big guns, but I always liked shooting my Gamo .22, it was just so easy to pick up and plink plink, so quiet... Until my FX Impact Mk2 arrived!

I genuinely feel like no one should be allowed to transition from a Gamo break-barrel, to an FX Impact Mk2. It should just be illegal.

I feel like I missed out on the years of suffering through upgrade after upgrade as the technology progressed. Cursing manufacturers as they constantly taunt us with *almost perfect*. How can you fully appreciate an airgun like this unless you've waited years for it?

I got the FX Impact Mk2 .22 600mm because I like to plink-plink in the backyard.

I also got a .30 700mm barrel kit & DonnyFL Shogun for outside fun.

So far I've not made any adjustments, I just cleaned the barrel before shooting. Coming from a 18 fpe .22, I'm REALLY enjoying this as it is.

The regulator reads 80 bar. I'm using .22 18.1gr so I'm guessing I'm somewhere around 875 fps since I believe the website says the 16gr runs 920fps at 30fpe.

But 80 bar? Is that right? 

I tried putting my Gamo's H&N 9.9gr pellets and they broke the sound barrier, CRACK! so probably around 1150-1200fps which is also about 30fpe, so I'm guessing 80 bar is right, it just sounds so low compared to what I see on youtube.

In any case, I've only got a 50 yard range in my backyard which was more than enough for my Gamo Swarm -- this Impact seems hungry for 100 yards or more.

I also got about 50 shots between 200 bar and 150 bar, their website says 225 shots for a .22 @ 30fpe. I seem to be heading in the direction of half the advertised shots. Maybe there was less air than I thought since I didn't fill it up all the way? I know these gauges are not super accurate.

I think it must be said how quiet this gun is. I expected a PCP gun to be way louder than a break-barrel, but its not, its A LOT quieter, night and day quieter with the stock moderator.

If you're like me and you're putting off a PCP because you think its loud... Try one!

I love this gun, I can't wait to learn more.

Thanks for reading!

Congratulations! Welcome to the new world order! BTW 200bar is like 2900psi so sure you're gonna get less shots than the 250bar 3500 max fill pressure. It's fine to fill less since its regulated and matter of fact I too only fill to 200bar just to not stress them o-rings for all of my guns even though they can fill much higher. 50 shots I can live with that. 80bar? you got the power plenum? If it shoots good I don't screw around with anything and just enjoy shooting it but that's just me. Dont want to mess up a good thing IMHO. Yo!

Congratulations! Welcome to the new world order! BTW 200bar is like 2900psi so sure you're gonna get less shots than the 250bar 3500 max fill pressure. It's fine to fill less since its regulated and matter of fact I too only fill to 200bar just to not stress them o-rings for all of my guns even though they can fill much higher. 50 shots I can live with that. 80bar? you got the power plenum? If it shoots good I don't screw around with anything and just enjoy shooting it but that's just me. Dont want to mess up a good thing IMHO. Yo!

That's my feeling as well. I'm definitely not going to touch it until my FX chronograph arrives so I see how the numbers add up. 80 bar seems low. When googling I see people with the Impact Mk1 saying don't go above 150 bar or below 100 bar, but not sure that applies to a Mk2, my manual only says don't go above 170 bar.

Welcome to the dark side! 

80 bar seems the norm (or close to it) for the power plenum 0.22 from the factory.

50 shots off 50 bar is also in a pretty good ballpark. Don't forget that advertised shot count is off a full 250bar fill down to the reg pressure point of 80 bar. So not likely to quite match the commonly optimistic advertised number but a far cry from only half. 

Enjoy your gun!

Welcome to the dark side! 

80 bar seems the norm for the power plenum 0.22 from the factory.

50 shots off 50 bar is also in a pretty good ballpark. Don't forget that advertised shot count is off a full 250bar fill down to the reg pressure point of 80 bar. So not likely to quite match the commonly optimistic advertised number but a far cry from only half. 

Enjoy your gun!

Being new to PCP I think I was just assuming the drop off rate is linear, sounds like it's not. The more you know! :) [insert sparkles]

I was also thinking 250 to 150 bar, but I guess technically I can shoot down to whatever the regulator pressure is? So 250 to 80? That definitely contributes to the higher shots.

Cool, thank you!

EDIT:

I pulled my regulator gauge out, hooked it up to my hand-pump, pumped it up to 150 bar and both the regulator gauge and the hand pump gauge agreed the whole way, spot on.

My regulator gauge is fine.

Yep you can shoot right down to around the reg pressure if you like 👍🏻

Haha you're not likely to find many people thathave the staying power to take it quite that low before caving in and filling, just like not so many always fill to the full 250 bar either. So very few will ever see that kind of shot count anyway, even though it's by choice. 

Nice to have in a pinch though 

Yep you can shoot right down to around the reg pressure if you like 👍🏻

Haha you're not likely to find many people thathave the staying power to take it quite that low before caving in and filling, just like not so many always fill to the full 250 bar either. So very few will ever see that kind of shot count anyway, even though it's by choice. 

Nice to have in a pinch though

I get the value in not going all the way to 250 bar, but is there a good reason for not going all the way down to the regulator pressure?

I'm going to guess, because of gauge inaccuracy they don't want to risk shooting below the regulator pressure?

Being new to PCP I think I was just assuming the drop off rate is linear, sounds like it's not. The more you know! :) [insert sparkles]

I was also thinking 250 to 150 bar, but I guess technically I can shoot down to whatever the regulator pressure is? So 250 to 80? That definitely contributes to the higher shots.

It is linear. 150 to 80 bar is 70 bar delta. Going from 250 bar up to 80 bar is 170 bar delta. Therefore you will over double the shot count you were getting from 150 to 80 bar...maybe about 125-130 shots at your current settings. You definitely need a chronograph to figure out where you are right now.

Also, I wouldn't necessarily believe either pressure gauge. My Impact's gauge was 70 bar off! One of my fill gauges was 100 bar off! However, the fact that they agree does increase the odds that it is reading in the correct ballpark.

It is linear. 150 to 80 bar is 70 bar delta. Going from 250 bar up to 80 bar is 170 bar delta. Therefore you will over double the shot count you were getting from 150 to 80 bar...maybe about 125-130 shots at your current settings. You definitely need a chronograph to figure out where you are right now.

Also, I wouldn't necessarily believe either pressure gauge. My Impact's gauge was 70 bar off! One of my fill gauges was 100 bar off! However, the fact that they agree does increase the odds that it is reading in the correct ballpark.

I went from 150 to 100 and got 50 shots. So if it's linear, then at my current settings (which should be factory 30fpe w/ .22) I should get approximately 225 shots. 250 to 80 is 170. So thats pretty close. I mean I actually shot two full magazines which is 56, and there is some "wiggle room" with the gauge readings, so I think I'm about right.

Thank you for your help.

I've read from a lot of sources that the gauges are not super accurate so I already put in my order for some wika gauges :D

What about the regulator? I hear a lot of Impact Mk1s go for the Huma regulator upgrade? Is it a valuable upgrade for the Mk2? More consistent?

Thanks

Stick with the stock regulator unless you have regulator specific issues. Save your money for pellets. Also, I wouldn't replace the gauges unless they were badly off. Even WIKA gauges could end up being off. Yours doesn't sound bad.

I agree on the regulator, I didn't buy it.

However for the gauges, I really liked that the gauges I bought use the full dial so that its much easier to see your pressure. That alone seemed like a valuable upgrade so I went ahead and did it. Like this

Now if only the Digital Pressure Gauge on Huma's website were available...