First time Iguana Hunting (Also contact if you are looking for a hunting guide in Davie Florida)

I have a 15-acre Landscape Supply business right near the Turnpike in Delray Beach, FL (Palm Beach County). My nuisance Iguanas are out of control and I would love someone to come hunt. They surround a small lake that would offer a safe, protected area to hunt. Interested parties can contact me at [email protected].
Hi I will try and reach out to you next time I come out

Reactions: tnbndr
He had me wear a yellow vest when I was hunting. Also he calls the local police department before he goes out he has a contract so if anyone calls on us we're safe

Never heard of anyone here "having a contract". Iguanas are pestilence, and open season year-round on them. Anyone can call the Broward County Sheriff's office and say, "I am hunting iguanas 'HERE', give their location, and all is well.

The problem is what to do with the carcasses. In my area, it is simple, but that is not the case in every township (Davie, Dania Beach, FLL, Hollywood, etc.).

Proud slayer of hundreds of the Yard Dragons.

Never heard of anyone here "having a contract". Iguanas are pestilence, and open season year-round on them. Anyone can call the Broward County Sheriff's office and say, "I am hunting iguanas 'HERE', give their location, and all is well.

The problem is what to do with the carcasses. In my area, it is simple, but that is not the case in every township (Davie, Dania Beach, FLL, Hollywood, etc.).

Proud slayer of hundreds of the Yard Dragons.

Well perhaps your experience is different than mine I heard him on the call they asked about his plate number vehichle etc.- Who knows maybe is was a scam but it seemed real.
I wish I could hunt them for free!!! I just do not want the cops called on me. If I come down there not sure if you would be willing to take me out I just bougth a huben K1

There are millions of the little yard dragons to kill down here. Not sure how far away you are, or what your mode of transportation is, but on any given day I can easily shoot 5-50 of them depending on how aggressive I am. Have walked across the road from my place, and shot 14 in less than 5 minutes without moving. That doesn't happen nowadays, as they seem to somehow be able to communicate a threat. I used to walk out my door, see, 1-4 within a stone's throw, and they just sat there and looked at me. Now, when I step outside, they take off running. But not for my neighbors. It's weird, but somehow they KNOW who is the threat. Have heard the same from fellow hunters.

I normally don't call the sheriff because my hunts are only 5-15 minutes in duration (neighborhood). But when I do call, I just give my location and my estimated time of being active.

A fun way to hunt the buggers is doing a boat drift along the canals. Also, the meat is really clean & tasty. :)