First test zan lead free .22 cal and .25 cal

33 feet in basement disco .22cal altaros reg cp tactical holo sight. Left shot was sight in. 6 shots kneeling with rest.
20230221_123745.jpg

Last edited:
FYI: I sent a " CONTACT US " Message to " AIRGUNS OF ARIZONA ".

QUOTE:
Hi, I just read a post on " AIRGUN NATION " Forum.

33 feet in basement disco .22cal altaros reg cp tactical holo sight. Left shot was sight in. 6 shots kneeling with rest.
www.airgunnation.com www.airgunnation.com

ZAN PROJECTILES
Search - LEAD FREE
www.zanprojectiles.com www.zanprojectiles.com

" Hunting on wetlands or other places where lead is forbiden is now posible, with lead free slugs.

Made for shooting short to medium ranges. Increased velocity up to 25% over lead.

Beacause of harder material penetration is 100% more then lead ones. "
Lead Free slugs .25 22 grains
Lead Free slugs .25 22 grains
www.zanprojectiles.com www.zanprojectiles.com

Will you be stocking the " LEAD - FREE SLUGS " ... ?

I'm interested in the " .25 " Caliber.

Just an " FYI UPDATE ". I received a response from " AIRGUNS of ARIZONA " today.

QUOTE:

" We will be stocking but do not have a date of delivery right now. Keep an eye on our web-sight for availability. We do not have pricing yet to complete pre-orders. Hopefully soon.

Thank You, "

EDIT:

ZAN Airgun Slugs​

Last edited:
Reactions: Malsonb
Yesterday I did shoot a few of these in .25 22gr. I did not change my set up(860fps with FX pellets 25 gr). Shooting a Maverick compact last reg at 90 bar. I have a Huma port installed. First shot on powerwheel 7 velocity dropped to 702 fs, at powerwheel 6 it increased to 910 fs. Powerwheel 5 it dropped to 900 fs.
So I think I have a problem with this set up. Internal hammerscrew is about 3.5 mm.

Reactions: Malsonb and PERRO
Some thoughts and observations on lead free ammo. I've been shooting lead free since the early 1990's. Although I shoot lead pellets too I try to use lead free when possible.

Go back to the prometheus pellets. I bought tons of prometheus and dynamics to shoot.

Prometheus always shot good out certain airguns. To keep them performing you had to clean barrel often to keep plastic from building up. My RWS .177 md 34 or 36 would shoot them with best of them. Max range was .25 yards. It loved the green plastic ones that were around 11 grains.

Surprisingly my Airforce condor .22cal liked the 9 grain bullet shaped prometheus. With no wind they were accurate to 40 yards. The weirdest thing I had the power wheel all the way up. Still makes no sense that they would shoot so good. If I kept the barrel clean of plastic it would shoot them all day.

Wy wildfire wouldn't shot anything. I finally tried gto's and was impressed with the results. The gto's would give me 1/2 groups at 20 yards. That was good for a 500 lb trigger. Lol. I shot some lead into foam and recovered the pellets. They all were deformed when they intered barrel. I believe the harder lead free material is more forgiving in the semi auto.

I was hoping the dynamics would expand on their options. What ever I shot them out of they performed well. Nothing to write home about but manageable. I used them mostly out of my pcp 's. One day tired them in my .177 cal stoeger and they did great. They would shoot 1/4 groups at 20 yards. I have boxes of the dynamics in .177 and .22 cal that are 20 years old. Look like there new. I loaded up some in my Gamo fusion .22cal swarm. To my surprise they fit the mag and would put them inside 50 cent piece all day out to thirty yards.

Now the Diana Skyhawk .25 cal that I won the barrel lottery would stack the gto's all day with dime size groups at 40 yards. Its has been my go to squirrel gun. My huntsman .25 loves the h&n greens. It will shot all day at 50 yards against any lead pellet I have.

When it comes to long range shooting lead free can do it but I think it is limited to 50 yards. I believe it can be done with .30 cals and up. A longer slug with a little more wieght. The lead free are good for lower powered guns to get faster fps.

With all this experience I'm hoping the zans will perform and give the airgun community another options for lead free shooting. My hope are high. The Zans look good in my .22 cal Disco. Will chrony them and post as soon as I can.

Summary:
Keep barrel clean.
If needed to oil keep oil to minimum in barrel. I use lemon pledge in my barrels.
Gto's and greens .25 like 890 fps, and the.22 call gto's like 800 fps in my airguns.
Wind definitely plays a big part in there performance.
Side note: lead free perform great in my 1377 and 1322.
Happy shooting!