First squirrel with the Brocock

Kind of a damp dreary day here with off and on periods of showers. So, I'm kind of dying to take the new Brocock squirrel hunting, but don't want to get it wet. So I patiently sat out back hoping an unsuspecting squirrel would come along not knowing that I have this new rifle. And sure enough!! Just at 40 yards standing supported (me standing supported, not the squirrel) and.....WHOP!
JSB 18 grain. Me and this Brocock Sniper are gonna be quite a team (y) .

first.jpg

Kind of a damp dreary day here with off and on periods of showers. So, I'm kind of dying to take the new Brocock squirrel hunting, but don't want to get it wet. So I patiently sat out back hoping an unsuspecting squirrel would come along not knowing that I have this new rifle. And sure enough!! Just at 40 yards standing supported (me standing supported, not the squirrel) and.....WHOP!

View attachment 312266
@TiredRooster;

Congratulations, the Brocock line of pcps are among some of the greatest ever produced and I'm glad that you're teamsters together also known as the
dynamic-duo! The first one is always the best one as in easiest one and it get better.

Just got back from a hunt, Saw two, took a shot at one and missed. but it was a great day to be out
bt2lKOe.jpg

Good picture. I am the same way. I go squirrel hunting to kill a mess of squirrels of course. BUT....whether I do or not, a day in the woods like that is always a good day!!
Did you paint that Brocock or is that some sort of dip? It looks very good (y)

View attachment 312266
My Brocock Bantom Sniper takes 1 more while doing a little target shooting, one shot to the head between the eye and the ear at 20 yards.
image0 (24).jpeg
image0 (25).jpeg

Last edited:
Very nice! (y)
Thanks TiredRooster, I've hunted greys for decades and I've learned that as small as they are, they're some of the toughest small game to put down for their size. I have pecan trees that they have worn out for years and I also had a neighbor that had a problem with squirrels in her attic. I try to stay on top of them during hunting season and when my pecans trees began to bare fruit, when the season is over, I'm through as well.

Perfect shot placement!
Thanks Reeg: many years ago, when I first started hunting with an air rifle, I was told "aim small and hit small or you miss". I've learned from years pass that a grey squirrel can't take that kind of shot, .177 or other wise to the head and crawl away. That's why I always take head shots whether they're frontal or between the eye and the ear. In passing, when I'm field dressing them, it makes for a cleaner process with less blood and contamination of the meat. The "right setup" with patience almost always guarantees a successful outing for me.