• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A First Springer Advice

Weihrauch HW35E. Walnut stock. Rekord trigger. Locking barrel. .177 or .22 caliber. Highest quality barrel cocker made today. Made for iron sights.
DF4AD95E-4B4A-4294-8926-8B0E81DD5E88.jpeg

Great choice, but can it be had for under $500? Even at Krale it’s more than that by the time you ship.
Very true. I know it’s over the mentioned budget. Also I haven’t looked at Krale lately. I‘m reading his want list and thought if he was looking down at a table of everything mentioned, he might dig a bit deeper to own the best. Thought it should at least be on the table. Maybe even hold out for a used one.

Last edited:
Reactions: baranjhn
Wow, what a great response from all you guys. I have learned a ton and I am reading and watching all I can now about the HW30 and the HW35E.

I see only one issue with the 35E and that is whether I want the larger size and weight. I do not have a general dislike for long and heavier rifles, but I am leaning toward a lighter rifle at the moment. Also, it appears I have to pre-order either one as none are in stock so I will be calling AofA and asking for an estimated lead time for the shipment of either. If there is a substantial difrerence in ship time, I may pick the one I can get sooner.

You guys have been terrific and I am grateful you took the time to educate me.

Krale in the Netherlands has most in stock. The 30 and 50 in .22 only right now. Some are hesitant to order from them. I can tell you that if you order from AOA and Krale the same hour, the Krale order will be at your door usually in three days. AOA not. Plus Krale is usually In stock and sometimes cheaper. Not dogging AOA at all, but Krale is great. Add about $50-$60 shipping and no sales tax to a Krale order.
6036FAAC-A9F9-4BC4-B60F-B64FA74F22AB.jpeg
6089D724-347F-4E9E-BE7E-9A0F0EDB80B8.jpeg
77547AA7-1533-4552-81C8-8445F12EF9B5.jpeg
B8261579-2CDF-4251-B48B-72D643C0FD4D.jpeg
B2B25C88-0636-4899-A4CF-F79530184D33.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow, what a great response from all you guys. I have learned a ton and I am reading and watching all I can now about the HW30 and the HW35E.

I see only one issue with the 35E and that is whether I want the larger size and weight. I do not have a general dislike for long and heavier rifles, but I am leaning toward a lighter rifle at the moment. Also, it appears I have to pre-order either one as none are in stock so I will be calling AofA and asking for an estimated lead time for the shipment of either. If there is a substantial difrerence in ship time, I may pick the one I can get sooner.

Screenshot_20230806_084550_Chrome.jpg

Call mike at flying dragons, he has beeman branded versions for sale right now fully tuned for the same price as may retailers and doesn't charge shipping. Mike is an amazing guy to deal with and getting your rifle tuned by any of the great tuners is the cats meow.

Call mike at flying dragons, he has beeman branded versions for sale right now fully tuned for the same price as may retailers and doesn't charge shipping. Mike is an amazing guy to deal with and getting your rifle tuned by any of the great tuners is the cats meow.
My first Weihrauch was the HW50 in .22. I live at 2900' elevation and the gun was to under powered for me at this elevation. I bought the 35E in .177. and after a week, I sold the 50. Just didn't like shooting the 50 as much as the 35E. If you get a 50 get it in .177 is my advice.
Best Regards
Z

Wow, didn’t know that. To the OP, Beeman R7 = HW30, R9 = HW95.

Reactions: jbuchse17 and sjs
As suggested, I looked at the Weihrauch website to see current offerings and except for the 35E, the 30 and the 35S have stocks with the bottom of the buttstock cut away. I don't care for that particular look, but I guess I can live with it. But I wonder, is that just a style choice or is it for benchrest shooting (which is not my purpose for this rifle).

Reactions: jbuchse17
As suggested, I looked at the Weihrauch website to see current offerings and except for the 35E, the 30 and the 35S have stocks with the bottom of the buttstock cut away. I don't care for that particular look, but I guess I can live with it. But I wonder, is that just a style choice or is it for benchrest shooting (which is not my purpose for this rifle).
I’m with you. Just an ugly style choice.

Reactions: sjs
I'm in agreement, not a fan of the cutout. Yes it is intended to be functional for benchrest shooting.

Reactions: sjs
There's lots of threads comparing the 50 and 35 rifles. They're both the same power ~12fpe. At that power level IMO they're best in 177 unless you're shooting under 30 yards.
Fact the 50 is two pounds lighter. I actually weighed both rifles with the same scope and rings.
Fact the 35 is easier to cock.
My experience says there's no real difference in accuracy and the 50 is a little easier to work on.

Styling is completely subjective. Many people prefer the looks of one over the other. Both are excellent designs. I prefer the 50 because I like light small rifles and find it easier to load. Other people have their justified preferences. There's no bad choice.

Last edited: