First shots with new Daystate Pulsar OS

Hi Hunter,
. 22 is sheduled for the first production, by which time the special. 25 walther barrels will have arrived, we recognise that. 25 is the big thing for the US, just remember that in low power, which is almost 100% of the UK home market, there is absolutely no demand for a 25. There are no immediate plans for 303 as the electronics do not have enough oomph to do it justice.

Reactions: cubo
"DaystateUK"Hi Hunter,
. 22 is sheduled for the first production, by which time the special. 25 walther barrels will have arrived, we recognise that. 25 is the big thing for the US, just remember that in low power, which is almost 100% of the UK home market, there is absolutely no demand for a 25. There are no immediate plans for 303 as the electronics do not have enough oomph to do it justice.
I don't mean to hijack the thread but I just wanted to say how good I think it is that we have the eyes and ears of the manufacturers and dealers on here and we do get replies etc... 

So thanks Tony, Chip and all the others who are chiming in, it's making the forum a great source of up to date info. 

DaystateUK
" ....in low power, which is almost 100% of the UK home market, there is absolutely no demand for a 25."

That is a very interesting fact.

I would have suspected, based upon sales of heavy pellets in local stores, that 12ftIb+ airguns made up 5-10% of the overall UK market for rifles. Among the countryside/farms around which I live, FAC airguns (15ftIb to est 55ftIb [in .25]) are normal and may actually out number sub 12ftIb rifles (mainly used by children, also in barns/sheds).

Where are you based cookie??

There really are very few of us as a percentage of airgun users that have an FAC. I have 2 FAC rifles and 3 non FAC rifles. Took me a long time to actually get my FAC applied for and granted. A lot of that was due to me putting off doing it because of the lengthy process and some was due to not having sufficient land. 

Even with 14acres, it wasn't a walk in the park toget it granted due to the layout of the land and where a nearby main road is. I have to be careful and sensible about where I shoot and in which direction. 

Don't really want to say where I am located. Before shooting incidents like Hungerford or Dunblane, obtaining a Firearms Certificate around here was fairly straight forward. In days prior to those, farmers had occasionally shot persistent trespassers in their legs with a cartridge of salt (and other things) but weren't prosecuted. I mainly use .22 Bisley Magnums (are they barracuda ?) at 900fps, .25 25.4's at 910fps, or .177 8.5gn's at about 750fps from a springer for work inside buildings. Most pests are wary at short distances, so most shoot at ranges of 50-120 yards. Recognising airguns as a useful tool started around here in the 1980's, mainly with HW80's (Beeman R1), with some big bags of rabbits, starlings and corvids in places that couldn't be dealt with by shotguns to anywhere near the same effectiveness.

Land isn't a problem around here, as the family have always lived in area, had land, had horses, know farmers and estate managers, have always been involved in country pursuits of all kinds over numerous lifetimes, also know when to see things and when not to (important when, apart from weather, Government/European Union is the main enemy of farmers). Having said that, most other people who've lived in the locality all their lives also have carte blanche to shoot on most of the land. I know that people from towns and cities ask for permission, but they really don't stand a chance without a sponsor.

Have about 20,000 acres around which I can shoot at various times through the year, though concentrate on about 1,500 acres of nearby arable/livestock land interspaced with broadleaved woodland. Not all roses, as when a farmer or farm worker gets a bad back or is late back from holiday or a cow/horse is loose nearby or something suspicious is going on in local woods/fields etc etc etc etc etc etc, even if it is 3am, if I get a call then I really have to go. Have 2,500 acres I can shoot elsewhere in Britian, surrounding a military base but only go twice/thrice per Summer to bag minimum 200 rabbits a day (no kids)....using 11.5ft Ib BSA Supersport.

Not many roads, not too many houses or people about, mostly cattle, horses & trespassers, so not many safety concerns around here for airgunners. We generally stay away from the periphery where the roads are, as the "townie" "country people" seem to think that either "shooting is wrong" or anyone with a rifle is a terrorist and so phone Police.