First shots from new tune

Weather broke enough for me to want to shoot on a day I had time to shot! End of last summer I vocalized my frustration with my M3 and getting it to shoot well. @Bigragu PM’ed me to offer some support and I soon decided to have him tune it for me. I live in southern Oregon and he lives in Northernish California so I drove my gun down to him so I could actually meet someone else that is into airguns. It was really great, @Bigragu was very welcoming and it was nice to chat. He got to work on my tune communicating all along the way detailing everything he did and documenting with photos. He finished a little before Christmas and I drove down again to pick the gun up, but due to weather and time I didn’t get to try it out till today.
I woke up to a calm and relatively warm day, but the wind had picked up by the time I shot. The ammo I wanted to shoot with it just wasn’t shooting well at all. So I threw in some Hybrids. Oh by the way .25 caliber 600mm barrel. The Hybrids were lights out! They were shooting at 1020 fps and grouping well at 85 yards. Picture of best group below. With that group there was a lull in the wind for the first three shots, the three nearest the bull. Then it picked back up on the last two shots. I was very happy with that grouping, and from a slug flying at 1020! That is going to be devastating to Starlings.
Part of this post is to give a shout out to @Bigragu. Not only was he professional, did a great job, and reach out to a frustrated member, but he also become a friend. Makes me glad to be part of this forum.

A501639C-1B5D-4A2C-AC36-F1100269CE9E.jpeg

1708C1DB-2137-42FB-AD85-7448B76C6456.jpeg

Great group at 85.
Thank you. This is the first time I have shot better groups with any gun at that range than I used to shoot with my old AirForce Condor. Since the Condor was my first PCP I didn’t really realize how well it shot for the relative price until I got high end airguns that have struggled to compete.

Thanks for the kudos, George, but I think folks need to know about the day you came to pick your impact up and you showed me your 30 cal leshey(spelling?)

George let me shoot two shots off of it as I had never ever seen in person a gun of this quality. As I handed it back to him he asked where he could shoot out the rest to unload the mag. It had just started raining and wind was picking up. I pointed out to a 2 3/8” galvanized post out next to my 100 yard target set up. George nailed that post with the rest of the shots on the mag, OFF HAND AND WITH OPEN SIGHTS, 👍👏

Thanks for the kudos, George, but I think folks need to know about the day you came to pick your impact up and you showed me your 30 cal leshey(spelling?)

George let me shoot two shots off of it as I had never ever seen in person a gun of this quality. As I handed it back to him he asked where he could shoot out the rest to unload the mag. It had just started raining and wind was picking up. I pointed out to a 2 3/8” galvanized post out next to my 100 yard target set up. George nailed that post with the rest of the shots on the mag, OFF HAND AND WITH OPEN SIGHTS, 👍👏
I do enjoy shooting open sight. I got two Leshiy 2’s, specifically because I wanted one airgun that was light, and well balanced that I could set up with open sights. The semi auto is perfect for off hand shooting. Really a great gun for open sight shooting.

Reactions: Bigragu