First Shot Cold Barrel

Don't have a picture, so didn't happen. But, first shot with 17 cal Dream Tac was dead center with 8,4 gr Fx pellet. Then upped the power and moved the scope up 1.6 mil. Put a 12.5 gr Nielsen close to center. Then back down with power and scope back 1.6 mil. 8.4 grain pellet was off 2 inches. poop>>>>
I shot my Bullshark I have set up for slugs with JSB Beast 177's, went back to slugs and they were all over. I had to clean the barrel to get my groups back.

A group from the 22-cal QB78 shot over a five-hour period to verify the zero with the 4x32 Gamo scope. Crosman Premier hollow-points were used and all shots were fired from the bipod on a bench. POA is the center of the circle.

P5190135.JPG

P5030084.JPG

Cheers,

J~

Last edited:
I don't have a photo to show or anything but I just want to say that I tuned my .22 Taipan Veteran with the Hades specifically for the first shot accuracy. I've left it untouched for months and it was still spot on at 30 meters whenever I need to use it for a pest. The tune took me a few weeks of constant micro adjustments of the hammer spring because I was only shooting over the chrono once ever few days. At the end, when all the shots are put together, the best I could do with my particular gun is 12 fps spread at 940 fps average.

Reactions: coastal drifter
Great shooting you guys!

Took another crack at the 75 yard target this morning.
Wind practically zero.
Based on the shot last Thursday I adjusted my POA to 4 O'clock on the red bull.

• Taipan .25 Shorty in a Standard stock
  • Last shot 4 days ago
  • 75 yards to target. POA - 4 O'clock on the red bullseye
  • 25.4 JSB at 870 FPS
  • Front and rear bags
20240408_145724.jpg

20240404_164941.jpg

Great shooting you guys!

Wind practically zero.

• Last shot 4 days ago
  • 25.4 JSB at 870 FPS
  • Front and rear bags
View attachment 453676
View attachment 453677
Taipan? Also cheating. I’ve had one since 2017 and it’s the cold shot king. I originally purchased it for eliminating red squirrels at 80+ yards. It’s the only airgun I ever owned that I never even had to click the scope for over a year. It was always on the money. Still is.

Taipan? Also cheating. I’ve had one since 2017 and it’s the cold shot king. I originally purchased it for eliminating red squirrels at 80+ yards. It’s the only airgun I ever owned that I never even had to click the scope for over a year. It was always on the money. Still is.

Same. No photo, but English House Sparrow this morning that I got with the Veteran .20. 45 yards, leaning against the corner of my house. POP! Dead bird. First shot with the gun since last Wednesday or Thursday. But the gun goes months without being shot and first shot is dead pest.

Reactions: Matt247365
Great shooting you guys!

Wind practically zero.

• Last shot 4 days ago
  • 25.4 JSB at 870 FPS
  • Front and rear bags
View attachment 453676
View attachment 453677
Am I seeing things or is that a standard stock modified to fit a shorty. What ever it is I like it.

Shot this first group couple of weeks ago with the AAA 357 Slayer, test shooting a newly designed 155 grain swaged slug at a slowed but consistent 895 fps. First shots cold bore out of the case, sitting for three weeks, 100 yards, about 40° outside. First shot was the high and left. As soon as I touched it off I knew that I threw the shot a little. The next five were sub MOA.
Screenshot_20240306-142044.png

Screenshot_20240416-221446.png

Last edited:
This is my new Caiman X shooting 18 grain H&N Baracudas at 30 yards. The target is the 30 yard challenge target so the 10 ring is about 1/8th inch across. I was shooting from a bench using a bipod and my home made windage and elevation adjustable monopod. The shot on the far right was last evening about 5pm. The shot next to it moving left is the first shot this morning, so about 16 hours later. As you move left you find subsequent shots. The shot last night was a 10, I think all the shots this morning are Xs. I was checking zero getting ready to shoot another 30 yard challenge target but it started raining so that will have to wait. Velocity it is tuned to is 875-880 fps but the first shot this morning was about 865. Didn't affect POI. The scope is an Arken EPL-4 set at 24X.

first shot Caiman.jpg

Caiman X 1.jpg

Well it's been a couple weeks so I pulled out the .25 Shorty.

Thought the wind was practically zero but ended up being wrong.
I have flags set up to show windage as 90% of the time I see a right to left wind (from the West)
My flags were just slightly oscillating so I thought I was good to go.

Took a shot and it landed a little low and thought maybe I Slipped on the Trigger™.
So I took a 2nd shot and put it almost in the same hole. Hmm, maybe we have a POI shift :unsure:

Put my shoes on and went outside.
On the way to the target I could feel I was walking into a gentle 12 O'clock breeze.

• Last shot two weeks ago
  • 75 yards to target. POA - 4 O'clock on the red bullseye as shown
  • 25.4 JSB at 870 FPS
  • Front and rear bags
20240422_091425-2.jpg

20240404_164941.jpg