First Shot Cold Barrel

First shot after 3 days. 22 yards. And I cleaned the barrel! Wolverine R .177 with about 220bar in the tank and the reg is shooting at 150 bar with FX 10.3g pellets. Wasn't dead center due to the poor shooter! Never had a first shot problem with this or any of my Daystates.

1stShot.JPG

Last edited:
This is a fun post and I dont know why it isn't added to every day. When I first saw it I thought it was going to be one of those things that kept going on here for hundreds of pages. I've been a bit too busy with work to add to it lately but I think my HW95 needs a wack at it tonight

That makes sense. Probably a generational thing because mine is usually in my pocket at all times

No, it's actually because when I'm on call 24/7 for a week every month, I have learned that if they can't find me, they can't find me until I want them to find me for the other 3 weeks of the month.

I do have immediate access to my computers in the shop so I'm nearly always available but I get to choose the time of my reply.

Good boundaries make good friends.

Reactions: Sqwirl57
Today I used my .177 ASP20 and took one shot at 32yds using a front bag. This gun was last shot Thursday or Friday after getting resealed (didn't need it, just wanted to test seals). It was about as bullseye as one could hope for from a break barrel IMO. This little laser is pretty quickly becoming my favorite.

20240428_185107.jpg

20240428_184842.jpg

Today I used my .177 ASP20 and took one shot at 32yds using a front bag. This gun was last shot Thursday or Friday after getting resealed (didn't need it, just wanted to test seals). It was about as bullseye as one could hope for from a break barrel IMO. This little laser is pretty quickly becoming my favorite.

View attachment 459988
View attachment 459980
I had one not long after they came out and regret selling mine. It was a great in .22.

Well if I’m gonna brag on page 2 of this topic then I also have to wear my butt for a hat on page 3. A couple days ago I had starlings in my yard at 40 yards. Missed one, then a couple minutes later another one. Swung over to my 30 yard target and proceeded to shoot a horrible group. Same gun I can cold shot mice and moles with over several months of testing. Long story short, I eventually traced it to my probe carrier screw being loose. That’s why I hate to brag about an Impact. It will get revenge on you.

Well if I’m gonna brag on page 2 of this topic then I also have to wear my butt for a hat on page 3. A couple days ago I had starlings in my yard at 40 yards. Missed one, then a couple minutes later another one. Swung over to my 30 yard target and proceeded to shoot a horrible group. Same gun I can cold shot mice and moles with over several months of testing. Long story short, I eventually traced it to my probe carrier screw being loose. That’s why I hate to brag about an Impact. It will get revenge on you.
Should have used your Taipan brother lol

My other one is in .22 and it's a crack shot as well. I played with the trigger weight spring a bit while I was in the .177 and it pulls a bit lighter now so I think that may be why I favor it a bit more
Yeah it was an odd trigger from what I could remember but i did like it. Also the barrel lockup was very impressive. Very easy to shoot accurately also. Like said I regret selling it and wish that they were still making them. Not sure why they quit so quickly after there release. Feel like it was only a year or maybe 2 max before discontinuing

Yes sir red squirrels are small, but they make up for there lack of size with attitude, tenacity and ability to destroy anything on your property. They get no passes here.
I see that reds are no different where you live than they are in Pennsylvania. They are the complete nut jobs of the squirrel species. Some of them are so crazy that they are comical to watch. But then a shot has to be placed.