First scope cam shots,134 yards.

Made the 1¼ drain pipe scope mount for about 5 buck's. I'm using the note 10 plus but it has 3 cameras and it switches over between cameras randomly loosing the whole picture. All in all its pretty cool, and if you have time on your hands it can make for some fun videos.

The rifle is the venturi Avenger. 25cal using fx hybrids at around 830fps.

https://youtu.be/Aiqs9QjNvw4

Ok... cringe worthy...

Forty FPE... What is the range of a ricochet for a slug at 830 fps?

unsafe-practices.1632852327.jpg

unsafe-practices-3.1632852710.jpg

unsafe-practices-2.1632852521.jpg

unsafe-practices-4.1632852937.jpg

unsafe-practices-5.1632853208.jpg

So you think the slug will still reach that far. The camper is 350 yards the grey barn is 500 yard and the 2nd photo is over 700 yards. Seriously if there's a chance of hitting I would completely change up everything. Always used pellets still fairly new with slugs. Using chairgun it says I need a 20mill hold over to the camper, I'm holding over 7. Still new to slugs any advice will be taken well.

Edit to get the actual distance.

So you think the slug will still reach that far. The camper is 286 yards the grey barn is 380 yard and the 2nd photo is over 500 yards. Seriously if there's a chance of hitting I would completely change up everything. Always used pellets still fairly new with slugs. Using chairgun it says I need a 20mill hold over to the camper, I'm holding over 7. Still new to slugs any advice will be taken well.

The danger would be a ricochet. Slugs carry more energy and retain it much longer. Have a look in the long range section at what some of the guys are doing. Basically with your setup you are shooting the equivalent of a .22 short.

However, I think your response is admirable. Have a great day. You'll figure it out.

Give this one a break. He was thinking pellet behavior and shooting slugs and he is open to criticism... There are a number of us here who can learn from that maturity, self included.

Edit:. Maybe slug vendors should include a product warning. It is not reasonable to expect every airgunner to understand that slugs double or triple the danger zone.

2 tears in a bucket Jim. You can move around now, If you really don't have anything to contribute. I'm not weak minded but apparently not everyone is the same. 

I've also decided , with my new found knowlege about slugs. I can re arrange every thing to the other side when I want to shoot slugs. Thanks old crow for showing me in your pov, otherwise I could have learned the hard way. Which is why,I'm on agn to learn and share. Have a great one

Reactions: nervoustrig
2 tears in a bucket Jim. You can move around now, If you really don't have anything to contribute. I'm not weak minded but apparently not everyone is the same. 

I've also decided , with my new found knowlege about slugs. I can re arrange every thing to the other side when I want to shoot slugs. Thanks old crow for showing me in your pov, otherwise I could have learned the hard way. Which is why,I'm on agn to learn and share. Have a great one

Good attitude, easy free lesson. 

Enjoy your shooting!

Jim is a really great guy. I've known him for years on various forums. He's old-school like most of us here. The average age on this forum is about 56. iirc.

In my opinion a great guy talks man to man, the comment he left was just spitting emotions. Last time I checked thats what females did. He has to get up on my level before I'd respond to such nonsense . Your a good friend though, it's always nice to have good company. Definitely besides the point though.

I've always been strong off learning from others mistakes, so hopefully someone will learn off my noob mistake. 

Yes , I called my self a noob. Boohoo.

You know I never knew that term till now. But that is a wise acknowledgment for anyone. I've felt this for sometime now, more or so with driving capabilities. Paul Harrell explains this very well on one episode. I would still take more than 1 match into the woods, even though I had great fire starting abilities.

As for the air gunnin' I decided to switch things around. As a precaution & to keep other safe, & also for the viewers. I want to bring quality,fun ,enjoyable, content so I'm doing my part in listening. There's always some kink to work out, glad yall noticed it before I made a bigger mistake. Have a great one. 

BTW, I went and set up targets 1 by 1 , the long way to get my dope. Alot of time ammo & different wind directions got me where I am today. Ballistics calculater is only ,, a hypothesis at best.