First rat permission

@mack. congrats. have fun shooting them hogs.

Went back again tonight for visit#3. The rats activity have been reduced and we only collected 13 tonight, but majority of them are whopper size. Not sure what happened to the rest of the rats, maybe they know they are being hunted? Maybe we went there too frequently (3 visits in less than a week, lol).

Even the farmer was surprised with the small numbers showing up so he took us to another barn on his property, Another jackpot! There were just as many rats there.

We will do our next trip at that spot and I am sure we will get full bucket this time.

Back for visit#4 at a new barn location. I was set up outside shooting at a range of 5-25 yards using a couple of red flood lights. It wasn't as busy as we had expected but in the 5 hours shooting, I managed to tag and collect 14 rats on my own. My hunting buddy got 16 shooting mainly inside the barn and some outside.

It was a cold and windy night, with heavy rain pouring down in the midst of the night. I had to take shelter and shoot inside my truck thru the driver side window.

Although it was a slow night I still had a great time practicing target acquisition and trigger timing at these moving rats. I was shooting with my Daystate Regal .22 with a Hawke sidewinder using the red illumination at lowest setting. I was punching these rats with AA16gr at 840fps, 25 ft.lb. It was tough to get their heads so most shots were body and they expired quickly. The biggest one is 18" head to tail.

I can't wait to get my hands on the Pard008 which should be here middle of next week.

Here are a couple of pictures.

IMG_0931.1606675490.jpg
IMG_0934.1606675491.jpg

Max I switched from an older and heavy ATN to the Pard NV008 lrf. You will love its light weight and it really has a super clear NV sight picture. The 18650 batteries it uses are fairly cheap and rechargeable are much more cheaper to use in the long run than AA lithium batteries. I don't know how safe your shooting angles are but remember you don't need a lot of fpe to kill rats. If you can turn down the power it will be safer and you will get more shots per fill. Bill

Thanks Bill. Yes the Pard 008 is my choice. I am only shooting outside between 5-25 yards and no building or anything downrange so I am okay. But yes I agree the power doesn't need to be high. I was using my Daystate Regal with 16gr AA, 25ft.lb. I will likely to use my HW100 .22 as my rats gun and set that at 20 ft.lb shooting 16gr as well. Soon I will be posting rats video in my channel.

Nice shooting on the Permission, those rats are falling like Rain now,

Where did you order your Pard 008, I tried to buy one from Optics Planet and they wouldn't sell to me, they wanted proof of active police or Military ID.... ? it must be a Ca thing.....

I wound up buying an ATN 4k from Wally World, it was a refurb for a cheap price, same as ATN sells Refurbs... I hope it lighter than the X-Sight ll....