First range trip with the new Bulldog

Took the Bulldog out today for the first time.
I had some 81.01gr Predator Polymags, 109gr Pro Slugs, and some .358 110gr NSA Hollow Points slugs.
At 50 yards the Pro Slugs and the NSA's were about the same. Maybe 3.5 inches for 5 shots. Velocity was around 760 fps
The 81.01gr Polymags were the clear winner! About 1 inch for 5 shots at 850 fps. about 130 ft lbs of energy at the muzzle.
Going to order some more Polymags for sure. I might try some heavier NSA's in the future.
I let my Buddy shoot the Bulldog. He was impressed!
Here's the Polymag group.

WmZIxB0l.jpg

Reactions: ND4OM
Polymags are very Bulldog friendly!

Also you might wanna tighten up your hammer spring. I was easily getting 930fps with the Polymags from my Bulldog for 160fpe at the muzzle.
Oh for sure, I will mess with the hammer spring next time out. This was just a straight out of the box see how it shoots run. The trigger could use some work too. That will tighten up the groups even more. Loving this Bulldog!

Looking good so far, at least you have one projectile that is respectable right off the bat.
I saw you ordered the 145 grain GT bullet, did you get the RN or the SWC design?
The wadcutters and semiwadcutters are the only thing that I would call very accurate in my Texan right now.
I ordered the SWC HP. I also ordered some of the 130gr SWC HP's for my Taurus 856 38 Special. I'll give a few of those a try in the Bulldog as well.
It might be a while before I get them though. It looks like orders are about 2 months behind. Sign of the times I guess.
I ordered 250 more Polymags from AOA. Buy 4 get 1 free.
I cranked up the hammer spring tonight. I'm going to run a few over the chronograph tomorrow and see what it does.

Reactions: Babaganoush