First post new member.

My first post on this forum. Howdy to everyone. Long time lurker. Only been into pcp rifles short time. First gun is airforce condor .25. No problems with its function however I just shoot paper targets or paintballs off of golf tees. I tried to get hold of a .22 barrel and they are back ordered so I bought one right from Walther. It is not really a problem for me to turn the barrel down the three or four inches and part it off the correct length. It will come choked with the muzzle end finished I assume. the breach end will need to be finished as that will be the end cut off. It will then be 18 inches long like the .25 and I will make a set of new spacers with one o-ring groove. My question is what do I need to do with the breach end to finish it. I have seen where guys use lapping compound on muzzle crown to remove burrs. Should I do that to the breach? The Blank will come 47mm. thick no profile just a round rod. the diameter of the hammer end of the breach will be .312 or 5/16 inch for three or four inches. The muzzle end might need a little finishing or not. I will figure that out when it comes. My air tank setup is an out of date one hour scba. It had two years left on it when I got it for 100.00 dollars on e-bay. Dont get to shoot much but the airtank beats the manual pump for sure. I want to get a shoebox compressor or Altaros. I need it soon when I get the Condor converted to .22. .25 Ammo is not readily available where I live. I dont kill too many things anymore and just want to get my shot count up and be able to go to the store and get ammo. The .25 Condor SS lives up to its name in accuracy and power. It plows thru 3/4 plywood like nothing at 50 yards. Very quiet too. sounds like nailgun. I will be posting from time to time whenever I need to chime in. Looking real seriously at Taipan Veteran .22 with laminate stock. If and when the time comes to get one, gonna need a scope too.

If you look on "Bob and Lloyd's " gate on GTA there are several threads about finishing the leade or breech end. You WILL need to crown it if you're buying a blank. Just make sure you crown the correct end... The choked end if buying a choked blank or the tightest end if buying an unchoked blank.

Have fun and good luck. I've had mostly GREAT results with the LW blanks I've finished lately. 

Bob