• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

First post, FX Verminator needs more power and silencer

HTech

Aug 23, 2015
I am new to air rifle use and live between the UK and USA but having purchased the rifle in the UK I am locked to the low power of the UK rather than that of the USA which is what I really would prefer. Is there any online guides on doing this modification, I will be leaving the gun in the US so am not worried about the UK laws on power.

I am also looking for a good quality silencer but am unsure which to get and what size thread I need, any help greatly appreciated.

"HTech"I am new to air rifle use and live between the UK and USA but having purchased the rifle in the UK I am locked to the low power of the UK rather than that of the USA which is what I really would prefer. Is there any online guides on doing this modification, I will be leaving the gun in the US so am not worried about the UK laws on power.

I am also looking for a good quality silencer but am unsure which to get and what size thread I need, any help greatly appreciated.
Any good tuner will be able to get your rifle back to US power standards. Depending on how they have it locked to UK Standards am assuming you will need to modify the spring and the valve assembly. The fx verminator uses the 1/8 threads and not the 1/2 unf threads that come on most other guns. You could get a huggett shroud for the gun from AOA. Or reach out to Neil on this forum. He can make you a custom LDC which will quieten the gun significantly.