First permission, but impending doom

I finally got my first permission, to target shoot and varmint hunt on a good friend's farm about 30 minutes away in south-central Wisconsin. Our family visited these friends at their farm last night, and they have some great land. Some good flat areas for target shooting, a couple of woods that are "infested" with squirrels, and even a Polaris Razer to get around in. I have permission to be there tomorrow (Saturday) even though they'll be gone. However, the weatherman is calling for rain in the morning, followed up by 3-7 inches of snow for the rest of the day! 😥 I haven't been able to shoot my new Hatsan Flash more than 15 yards in the basement, so I was really looking forward to doing some longer shooting. We'll see what the weather does - if there's even a little break I'm going to make use of it!

The funny part is, my friend's wife is the one who offered the use of their farm. Last night my friend asked what kind of gun it was, so I said it was a PCP air rifle. He practically salivated on the spot, he's been wanting one recently! So maybe I'll be able to talk him into getting one too!

DamonZ28,

I’m sure you’re familiar with the Wisconsin general small game hunting regulations and the “ Small Game Mammal Hunting Seasons and Regulations”.

One of my permissions, here in Indiana, requires “ Approved Hunter Education Course” certification as well an Indiana hunting license. I hunt varmints, small game, invasive species, and pests carefully, safely, and legally. Fox, Coyote, Skunk, Raccoon, Opossum, squirrel, and others are out of season. . A squirrel infested woods in season would be awesome!

Arm yourself with knowledge, good judgment, and good skills. Get good...have fun....promote the airgun sport.

Got a groundhog Monday...headshot.....46 yards....5:00pm. Wish I could hunt Turkey with air, but not in Indiana, yet. I enjoy punching paper....and never pass up a starling.

DamonZ28,

I’m sure you’re familiar with the Wisconsin general small game hunting regulations and the “ Small Game Mammal Hunting Seasons and Regulations”.

The landowner & family members can hunt the squirrels year round without a license, so he can shoot them anytime. I can only hunt them in the fall during the open season (9/14 to 1/31) with a license, which I already have. My plan for today was to set up various targets and get to know my gun beyond 15 yards (and keep an eye out for starlings), but I'll have to do it another day.