First PCP.

IMO mrod's was a good pcp back in the day but there are better options out there. I've been impressed with Kral airguns and if I were start with a my first pcp, I would buy a used one from THammer. Most of the known airgun tunners usually have a good pcp they are willing to let go for a good price. D. Wall is another trusted tuner.

We’ll no one apparently actually has any Airacudas on hand in the flesh to sell.

Found the synthetic Marauder in 22 on sale at AOA for $439.99. My internet is down so I called them on the phone. Guy said they had 2 left and I bought one of those.

If your new Marauder - Mrod shoots as well as my Marauder Pistol - Prod you are going to be pretty happy with the purchase!

Reactions: pkrhed
OK. By the time I got the scope on it and pumped it up it was dark out. Have to at least see if it works though right? Shot 5 shots into an archery target just for function out behind an out building with my boy holding a flashlight. Trigger is real light. Cocking action not so smooth. Pretty much what I expected. Pretty large in size but feels lighter than I expected by the specs.

Marauder w/ Center Point 3-12X44

IMG_2195.jpg

This isn't gonna work though. I filled it to like 2980, just BARELY below the 3 line. Dry fired it twice and shot 5 pellets. Now the gage reads like 2750:
IMG_2196.jpg

Losing 200+ psi in 7 trigger pulls isn't gonna fly. Especially as long as I'm still filling with a hand pump, ugh. I assume backing off on the hammer spring would help? I have a chrono ( long time PB reloader) we'll start getting it sorted out this weekend.

Reactions: JEHolloway
All common small gauges are general reference only. But depending on your shooting desires tuning it down Will get you more shots. Turn it down using all adjustments ideally, or just use the transfer port strangle screw (?) around 600-700fps they certainly are quite and a bunch of shots. The 1st airgun to bring 3 major adjustments to the general public.
While you are in there take the extra torsion spring out of the trigger and adjust, the 1st gen1 was a mirror copy of a Theoben match trigger(mag is a copy also) and even with the slight change an excellent trigger.
Great 1st rig, congratulations.

John

Do lube that bolt oring at least as often as recommended.

I looked at the Marauder as my First PCP, but I wanted a side lever action. I chose the Cayden and it was a great choice. Action was great, accuracy superb and it had an adjustable transfer port that the marauder did not. And it's made in Turkey vs. China, with a 5-year warranty. And can be hand pumped to its 3K fill pressure.

I always recommend the Cayden to a first timer.

Reactions: shausen