First PCP.

Pretty much decided on the Marauder synthetic in 22. Is it worth the upgrade to the Walther barrel or is the stock barrel as good now? I like the looks of the Cayden option, for about the same price as the Marauder with the barrel upgrade. But the Marauder is a "known quantity" proven system with parts and aftermarket stuff all in place.
Farthest possible shot from my suburban back porch to the far corner of the property is 60 yards. Marauder should be plenty of power and nice and quiet by all accounts.

Pk,
In your shoes I'd wait for the JTS Airacuda Max. Marauder is a good gun, very popular starter but it's long, heavy and with a technology that's showing its age. For $420, the Airacuda is an amazing gun with the latest features. Act as you see fit, my only request is that you look into what I've shared, to avoid any potential future regrets. Best of Luck, WM

Pk,
In your shoes I'd wait for the JTS Airacuda Max. Marauder is a good gun, very popular starter but it's long, heavy and with a technology that's showing its age. For $420, the Airacuda is an amazing gun with the latest features. Act as you see fit, my only request is that you look into what I've shared, to avoid any potential future regrets. Best of Luck, WM
The Airacuda Standard for 320 bucks is superior to the Marauder in every aspect.

Reactions: Fatmike
the mrod is higher quality than the cayden 'with' the stock barrel .. the cayden may edge it out in performance and cool factor but just in my opinion, its really better only for more experienced shooters that can break it diwn and iron out a few things .. mrod is more polished off as it were, out of the box .... barrels meh, its hit or miss either way .. id get a stock barreled one with a wood stock, wood lends itself to better accuracy either way heavier maybe .. if you need a light pesting rig id get a prod ..

Where are the Airacudas made?

They are made by Xisico and the DAR's are made there too.

Private labeling is a service they offer on their website. To get the quality and unique design, you really have to go to China before, during and after the process to make sure you are getting what you asked for.

Reactions: jmohme
No experience with the mrod, but absolutely LOVE my Cayden. It's extremely accurate and extremely quiet with a DonnyFL Sumo moderator. The Cayden will need a moderator to be backyard friendly. My Cayden shoots sub MOA at 50yds all day if I do my part, and I like having the option to back the power down with the twist of a knob. Can't go wrong with either choice.

I have to agree with TheCarFather's anaysis of the Cayden. Mine shoots amazingly well also. Without adding a moderator though, it's NOT quiet. It only sells with an air stripper at the muzzle. Fortunately, it's already threaded, so adding the moderator of choice is easy. With one, it's super quiet and super accurate, and the walnut adjustable stock is beautiful !! I like it's side-lever cocking over the bolt action of the Marauder.

China just like the Marauder.
About 60% of the Most is manufactured here stateside. 100% assembled here. Other 40% are globally sources parts. The Aircudas are 100% Chinese. Nothing wrong with that either, but not a proven workhorse yet. As for the Cayden, which I have had as well a Marauder, I would have to say the Cayden is superior and made by Reximex in Turkey with full parts support from Crosman Benjamin. Fantastic rifle.

I've got 3 marauders and a armada all in .25. I have one that I've had since new and its stock. The other 3 I bought as leakers/ parts guns so I could tinker and not hurt an expensive gun. Nice thing with marauders is if you mess something up parts are a phone call away. These guns are a whole different side of the hobby for me. I get to learn how things effect each other on the guns. I buy used and inexpensive parts that work well in the guns. With very little money invested I have some really nice guns. If the aircuda comeout as well as people think they'll be a great entry gun too. So many options available. If you're going to tinker the marauder is a great learning tool and it shoots well too.