First PCP purchase holly cow !!!!!!

I have been shooting springers for years and just bought my first PCP.
I ended up going with a JTS Airicuda Max in 22cal.
I wanted a regulated, wood stocked well built Multiple magazine PCP.
This one fit that bill. I was looking at an Air Arms S10 multi shot but decided to get The JTS to start with and learn about the
operation and function of PCP rifles. After this intro to PCP rifles I will most likely will purchase the Air Arms in .17 cal in the near future.
I ordered the JTS with an AirVenturi G9 Hand pump. It took 100 pumps to get it back to 3200 PSI yesterday. So far I have pumped it up twice.
The pump works very well but it does make you tired when you are 55 years old.
I was going to shoot after pumping it up but my heart rate was making the crosshair move around to much so I will wait for next day.
I have the new portable JTS compressor on order and should have it within a week. I think that will be money well spent.
I thought my Air Arms TX200 was accurate and fun to shoot but now I can see all the fun PCP guys are having and understand why. A PCP sure is different than lever.
I have only been shooting in my basement so far with the JTS but at 10 yards it is easy one hole groups ( I shoot with a rest) . I need to take it outside for longer ranges.
I like everything about the Airicuda Max, The side lever, the adjustable comb, wood checkering on stock, metal magazines all metal construction.
For the price point this rifle is amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great first PCP for sure.
I will definitely be purchasing pellets more often now.
Looks like I am going down another rabbit hole !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5-1-2023airicuda.JPG

That’s awesome! Welcome to the dark side.
Hand pumps are fine for the guy who only hunts or takes a couple shots occasionally at pests, but if you plan to do a lot of target shooting my advice would be to get a tank or compressor for your next purchase. Having a more convenient air source will make owning multiple PCPs a whole lot easier and enjoyable. Because it’s only just begun.

Outstanding and congratulations! Handpumping is a good basic workout - if you are winded from it, take that as a sign you should do more . . . .

When I was handpumping, I would make sure that I had the gun filled at the end of my shooting session for that very reason - heartrate. I work out a lot and am in good shape, but I can say I don't miss handpumping as I have been using tanks and compressors for over ten years now, and the shooting is just more enjoyable this way.

Do make sure that you only take about 50 strokes per pump session, then vent the line and let the pump cool for 10-15 minutes before resuming pumping - that will keep the moisture out the gun, as the air charge will be cooled in the base of the pump. If you go longer, the base gets hot and then the air charge going into the gun gets hot and carries more water vapor in, and it will condense out later.

If you have not been doing that, don't worry about it - just do it right and the vapor level will drop in the gun going forward. It is when you keep doing it wrong that problems arise . . . . Eventually I learned that when handpumping, it is best not to shoot more than you can fill in a single ~50 stroke session. That way the pump can cool down while you are back shooting!

You may love the PCP but you’re going to love that compressor just as much! I hand pumped just about as long as you. Made me appreciate my compressors.

I think Travis with JTS had quite a bit of input on that compressor as far as improvements to it vs other branded models. I think it should serve you well.

It’s a rabbit hole for sure but a fun one! Congratulations on your new found fun!

Dave

This one fit that bill. I was looking at an Air Arms S10 multi shot but decided to get The JTS to start with and learn about the
operation and function of PCP rifles. After this intro to PCP rifles I will most likely will purchase the Air Arms in .17 cal in the near future.
I ordered the JTS with an AirVenturi G9 Hand pump. It took 100 pumps to get it back to 3200 PSI yesterday. So far I have pumped it up twice.
I was going to shoot after pumping it up but my heart rate was making the crosshair move around to much so I will wait for next day.
I have the new portable JTS compressor on order and should have it within a week. I think that will be money well spent.
I thought my Air Arms TX200 was accurate and fun to shoot but now I can see all the fun PCP guys are having and understand why. A PCP sure is different than lever.
I have only been shooting in my basement so far with the JTS but at 10 yards it is easy one hole groups ( I shoot with a rest) . I need to take it outside for longer ranges.
I like everything about the Airicuda Max, The side lever, the adjustable comb, wood checkering on stock, metal magazines all metal construction.
For the price point this rifle is amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great first PCP for sure.

View attachment 352620

You ain't seen nothin' yet! Get into the trigger and adjust it to break at 1#, polish the sear and oil the cocking pivots.

Then you will really love your MAX!

Reactions: Billinoregon

View attachment 352620
Careful with over doing the buying and pissing off the Missus and falling into the rabbit hole :p
Screen Shot 2023-03-13 at 3.35.05 PM.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: HogKiller
Congrats on getting into pcp's. Ive been into pcp guns for two years now I basically haven't touched my springers, multipump or co2 guns since. You'll like the compressor. I have 2 oil less and a Yong Heng. Knowing what I know now I should have got the Yong Heng first and and I would only have one compressor. Its so much better than the oil less ones. You'll love shooting with this setup

Reactions: .20calguy

View attachment 352620
Congrats! PCP's are an eye opening experience.
Guessing you will be hooked!

Congrats on getting into pcp's. Ive been into pcp guns for two years now I basically haven't touched my springers, multipump or co2 guns since. You'll like the compressor. I have 2 oil less and a Yong Heng. Knowing what I know now I should have got the Yong Heng first and and I would only have one compressor. Its so much better than the oil less ones. You'll love shooting with this setup
I did the same buying my first PCP, then not appreciating the gun, or the hand pump, I bought a better gun and a compressor. Still not appreciating the second gun, I spend all my time shooting my old vintage guns, which unlike the new PCP's are actualy accurate.

I did the same buying my first PCP, then not appreciating the gun, or the hand pump, I bought a better gun and a compressor. Still not appreciating the second gun, I spend all my time shooting my old vintage guns, which unlike the new PCP's are actualy accurate.
I might have worded it wrong but I've loved pcp's since day one. I never shoot anything else.

Reactions: .20calguy