• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

First pcp-Fx Wildcat-problems

I have the biggest headache because of this gun. Nothing but issues. 1'st I get a barrel that has pitting in it. So I pay to have it shipped to AOA and they send me another one. I've had it for a month or so figuring its not shooting accuratly because it needs some break in time.WRONG!! Now the pellet probe is deforming the pellets and their spiraling. I paid almost $300 to have it hydrodipped which was a huge mistake because now I'm probably stuck with it. I'm at the end of my rope with this f.k..ng gun. The hammer spring adjuster is frozen and stripped out. What a nightmare!!!! I should have bought a cricket.

Thanks guys. Ernest Rowe has givin me some advise and help just now. I was so frustrated I had to vent. I hope it works. Its just ridiculus for me to do all this on a new gun. I've used so much air and pellets and time trying to get it right and figure it out and disassemble and reassemble and try it and repeat all day long for a week now!

"FastEddie"I have the biggest headache because of this gun. Nothing but issues. 1'st I get a barrel that has pitting in it. So I pay to have it shipped to AOA and they send me another one. I've had it for a month or so figuring its not shooting accuratly because it needs some break in time.WRONG!! Now the pellet probe is deforming the pellets and their spiraling. I paid almost $300 to have it hydrodipped which was a huge mistake because now I'm probably stuck with it. I'm at the end of my rope with this f.k..ng gun. The hammer spring adjuster is frozen and stripped out. What a nightmare!!!! I should have bought a cricket.
Regardless of having it hydrodipped, it's still under warranty and AOA has given me nothing but great service so far. I'm not an AOA fanboy and I'm also not an FX fanboy by any means, but I'm sure if you call AOA in a rational manner and explain it to them they'll take the time to make sure it's right for you. I also definitely understand your frustration as I've had several PCP's from varying manufacturers that didn't work well out of the box and needed to be sent back for work or just plain returned. 

It sucks to buy such an expensive gun and not have it be fully functional and/or perfectly accurate. Believe me, I know. I've had to send back FX, RAW, AA, and a Cricket and probably others I've forgotten along the way. I've learned that it's not necessarily manufacturer specific. Regardless of manufacturer if you take the time and sort the issues, (none of these PCP should have issues for their price points) you will be rewarded with accuracy that will delight. 

Everyone sends their guns to Alan Zasadny because he can take pretty much any gun and turn it into a laser. The potential is there for all these manufacturers and I believe for these prices it should be a given, but it isn't always so. Taking that into account, with some patience you can be rewarded. It's specifically why I've been trying to take the initiative and take my perfectly functioning Royale 500 apart and try to learn exactly how it works so that when there is an issue I can feel confident in how to address it, rather than feel left out in the cold by the manufacturer.

Thanks Cliff.
Hey hsnmz. So load a pellet thru the mag into the chamber. Then pull the cocking lever back and push the pellet back out using a 3/16 wood dowel. Inspect the skirt and see if its
uniform all the way around. My pellet probe was bottoming out too deep and deforming one side of the skirt. This has to be the spiraling issue. Ernest Rowe just informed me how to adjust this. I'll try it tommorrow.

Holy crap Eddie ... man, that blows! I would think you're under warranty, right?? 
I bought mine in December from R&L... So far, so good ~1000 shots through and no issues. I agree with Cliff, spending this kind of dough on airguns, things should be right. I have more money into this hobby than I do in powder burners. Keep your chin up, I'm sure things will work out!!!

"FastEddie"Thanks Cliff.
Hey hsnmz. So load a pellet thru the mag into the chamber. Then pull the cocking lever back and push the pellet back out using a 3/16 wood dowel. Inspect the skirt and see if its
uniform all the way around. My pellet probe was bottoming out too deep and deforming one side of the skirt. This has to be the spiraling issue. Ernest Rowe just informed me how to adjust this. I'll try it tommorrow.
Thanks, Please keep us posted on what you did to resolve the probe issue.

Eddie, I feel your pain. It shouldn't be that way, but sometimes stuff happens. I have a 25 cal Wildcat that amazes me every time I shoot it. Dead accurate. If you would like I can throw the mic on the adjuster that screws to the cocking rod that moves the pellet probe. Can measure it with it closed to the body. Then you can measure yours to see where your at. Making that adjustment will also change the indexing on the mag I believe. Let me know if this would help you. Don't loose hope. When everything is working they are amazing guns. 

Thanks guys. My first barrel had little tiny holes ( pits) in the metal on the inside of the barrel in two areas This is caused from rusting and corrosion.so even though the wildcat was new, the barrel obviously wasn't. Even with those defects my wildcat was incredibly accurate then. I adjusted the forward travel of the probe. I just need to go shoot it with my casio to check for spiraling and accuracy. It feels much more smoother now when it seats the pellets. Fingers crossed! Thanks everyone. Eddie

I heard every fx has the same barrel (unless they are different length) so impact barrel, wc, bc, royale, they are all the same. Your barrel might have been dropped, put aside, put back, finally installed. Who knows? The important part is it gets replaced and fixed. I feel for you man, hope everything gets solved. Guns at this price range should not have any issues whatsoever in my opinion.

I feel for both of you. I have had to send back mrod 2 times, bobcat 2 times and Wildcat 2 times and cricket one time only for it to leak when I got it back. PCP ,s have the worst quality control of anything I have ever purchased.

Only the Bobcat and Wildcat were serviced by AOA and I must say even though it took 2 trips both of these gun are now shooting great. On a good day both under 1/2 inch at 50 yards which is probably shooting at near my limits these days. I think AOA really tries to get things right when you send them back but are probably over loaded with the number of guns they get to fix. 
Crossman could not have been better with mrod. First time back they replaced barrel. Second time
back they gave me a new gun.
Wildwest did a complete retune on my Cricket, lapped the barrel and recut crown. Its still the most accurate. Have shot many 1/4 inch 50 yard groups with it.
Bottom line seems to be is just be persistent and congenial and they will fix it.